PADI Rescue Diver CPR Requirement Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to mention that I am about to finish my Rescue Diver class. I just took FA/CPR/AED with Red Cross. So far it's been a huge hassle to get the class counted for the Rescue requirement. I think its going to go through but it has been a total PITA. I guess their hangup is with the ARC cert, there is no way for them to determine if the class was hands on or if it was online. Online doesn't cut it for PADI.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to mention that I am about to finish my Rescue Diver class. I just took FA/CPR/AED with Red Cross. So far it's been a huge hassle to get the class counted for the Rescue requirement. I think its going to go through but it has been a total PITA. I guess their hangup is with the ARC cert, there is no way for them to determine if the class was hands on or if it was online. Online doesn't cut it for PADI.
Can you provide the receipt from ARC from when you signed up? Mine specifically says "online learning not available" and gives the time and date of the in person course work.

Can you provide the receipt from ARC from when you signed up? Mine specifically says "online learning not available" and gives the time and date of the in person course work.
Yep, I have all of that. I think that they figured out that it was an IN PERSON class because it lists an instructor. An online one wouldn't AFAIK.

Yep, I have all of that. I think that they figured out that it was an IN PERSON class because it lists an instructor. An online one wouldn't AFAIK.
Good to know. I'm doing my rescue course this weekend. I've already provided the dive shop my ARC certificate and haven't heard any issues, but that may not pop up until they actually file the paperwork.

Good to know. I'm doing my rescue course this weekend. I've already provided the dive shop my ARC certificate and haven't heard any issues, but that may not pop up until they actually file the paperwork.
I think it will be all good. According to PADI(I called and spoke to them myself), they are able to verify that the course was in person.

I think it will be all good. According to PADI(I called and spoke to them myself), they are able to verify that the course was in person.
Sounds good. If I have any issues I'll post back in here for the next person to learn from.

Hi. I’m just at the beginning my my diving adventure but I am looking to continue my training. After I get more dives the next step will be AOW but then I am thinking to do rescue diver. I am wondering if an Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification under Resuscitation Council UK would replace the need to have EFR for rescue diver certification. Any ideas? Thank you

In the time it takes to post a question like this here and receive speculative responses that may or may not jive with PADI's expectations, one could just as easily send an email or call PADI and get a definitive response to the query.

-Z

In the time it takes to post a question like this here and receive speculative responses that may or may not jive with PADI's expectations, one could just as easily send an email or call PADI and get a definitive response to the query.

-Z

Well, I was thinking that maybe some knowns anything about this. I can copy/paste into an email to PADI so it’s not a waste of time. But then that info will only be into my email not on SB where it can be helpful to other people too.

Well, I was thinking that maybe some knowns anything about this. I can copy/paste into an email to PADI so it’s not a waste of time. But then that info will only be into my email not on SB where it can be helpful to other people too.

It doesn't matter what you post here about this or what you copy and paste to PADI. It is what PADI has to say directly about any individual's situation that matters. I can post all day long about what PADI told me, but if you follow that advice, and PADI does not accept it then what? The onus is on the individual to get the correct information from the source, PADI does not make it difficult to get that info, you just have to reach out and contact them....

...or you can waist your time rationalizing your decision to ask/post here to justify doing so. But hey, if you believe that gets you closer to the correct answer, who am I to judge?

For those who want to know definitively:

PADI AMERICAS REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS
AMERICAS OFFICE
30151 Tomas
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688, USA
Phone: 800 729 7234 (US and Canada), +1 949 858 7234
Fax: +1 949 267 1267
Email: customerservice@padi.com

CANADA OFFICE
107-1680 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2M8, Canada
Phone: 800 565 8130 (US and Canada), +1 604 552 5969