Padi Rescue Diver E-Learning Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avlnisms

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone taken their rescue diver certification recently? I looked back the last two years but didn't see this specifically mentioned.

Both my boyfriend and I went to take our final assessment and they BOTH timed out on the first test around 40/50 questions in. Luckily there's a second exam but seriously? It's definitely not our computers or internet connection either! I've written a ticket but they'll probably just say it's on our end.

IMHO, the PADI e-learning SUCKS!!
I also tried to do the Rescue Diver e-learning through PADI and it just never worked for me. I contacted PADI and as predicted, they blamed my browser (Chrome) and said it only works on Firefox. OK, no problem I switched to FF, and still no good. I contacted PADI again, but this time I was told to use Chrome and NOT Firefox. I informed PADI that the problem is on THEIR end and not mine. They said that they had recently switched to some new platform for e-learning and I just needed to keep trying. I got tired of having to start the e-learning course all over so I fired PADI. I paid (again) for the SDI Rescue Diver course and their e-learning was smooth as butter. No issues at all.

I got my RD cert from SDI and if I elect to do any more training it will be with SDI/TDI and NOT PADI.

Just gave a quick test of my printed paper PADI Rescue manual. It continues to function flawlessly.
LOL...I forgot to mention that "just use the printed manual" was one of the "solutions" PADI gave me...

Did my Rescue e-learning in 2019. It was a really ancient, flash-based, kludgy e-learning platform. Not sure if it is still the same.
Yes. I did have several issues with it and a couple of times logging-out and removing site data/cookies made it work again.
Try it but most likely is on their end.

As an instructor for both PADI and SSI, if e-Learning is the way you want to go, I've had more stable performance from the SSI products. And their video clips seem a bit more relevant.

Call me old school, and I recognize it's harder to economically keep them up to date, but I'll take a textbook any day of the week.

As an instructor for both PADI and SSI, if e-Learning is the way you want to go, I've had more stable performance from the SSI products. And their video clips seem a bit more relevant.

Call me old school, and I recognize it's harder to economically keep them up to date, but I'll take a textbook any day of the week.
I too prefer a text book; my greatest dislike is being taught by a video, where I'm forced to listen at the pace of someone who is speaking at the wrong pace for my listening, and often is as boring as crap. PADI's elearning content beats that of SSI, but the SSI technology is much better.
Maybe PADI should just buy SSI and make them the tech people.....

I generally prefer books, but when I taught ata shop/SSI, I was amazed how well my students understood dive theory. I pretty much didn't have to explain anything. I'm truly impressed with what SSI achieved.

Not sure if things have been fixed, but I just did my elearning last week and it worked flawlessly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom