PADI updates in the last 5 years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I hear you. Read the CD manual and instructor manuals in the shop where I was doing my rescue diver class.... I like knowing what's happening behind the curtain. Willing to support your idea but not enough to email you the pdf myself? Aiding and abetting? Ah well, welcome back to teaching.

No no fair enough..wouldn't want to cause any problems for anyone :) Can't imagine even PADI having an issue with someone trying to check standards :D

Edit: And thanks for the welcome :)

As a side note: had my instructor at the time tell me there was nothing of interest in there that I would be able to understand.... Coincidentally, I turned out to be their second to last student before they closed shop.... I didn't have a hand in it.

Hmmm yeah...smells of fish!! Funny how after becoming an instructor I realized how many people and courses I have seen that are in violation of the standards....

Last edited:
I've heard this from a reliable old source as well. Significant updates coming. To be fair there are always updates...

@Fires easiest way to get the '17 manual from an unofficial channel is to google "padi manual 2017". The document is in pdf format in the first result.
If you are a PADI Intructor all you haveto do is download pdf free from PADI pro site- go to Training Essentials header & to Digital Instructor Manual...

I've heard this from a reliable old source as well. Significant updates coming. To be fair there are always updates...

@Fires easiest way to get the '17 manual from an unofficial channel is to google "padi manual 2017". The document is in pdf format in the first result.
Yes I am going for PADI IDC staff Instructor in spring of 2018 and before I plunk down close to $6oo for training materials I want to make sure they are not revising materials right away. Will have to wait for end of DEMA to get more info...

If you are a PADI Intructor all you haveto do is download pdf free from PADI pro site- go to Training Essentials header & to Digital Instructor Manual...

True. It's just inaccessible unless he's active. And takes a lot more steps than Google.

I like your thinking. I'm waiting on my IT training material for the 2018 release. Doesn't make sense to purchase a nearly obsolete product at full price

As per what northernone said :) I am not yet renewed and while I wait to get access again, I wanted to read through and catch up on changes.

Also thinking of already buying my new OW and Confined Water slates, but if there are going to be changes, I will wait...they are pricey for both sets.

As per what northernone said :) I am not yet renewed and while I wait to get access again, I wanted to read through and catch up on changes.

Also thinking of already buying my new OW and Confined Water slates, but if there are going to be changes, I will wait...they are pricey for both sets.
agreed I would wait to buy slates, they came out with new slates at beginning of 2017 but changes were not enough to warrant buying new slates-nothing is cheap when it comes to PADI materials..

agreed I would wait to buy slates, they came out with new slates at beginning of 2017 but changes were not enough to warrant buying new slates-nothing is cheap when it comes to PADI materials..

Yeah everything is always pricey o_O

I didn't get the last updated slates as I wasn't teaching much, so will definitely need to get the new set...well in 2018 that is.

Back
Top Bottom