PADI's Course Rush

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have reviewed NAUI. SSI, and PADI. These classes are more alike than different. It has been said in the past but likely bears repeating. The instructor is what is important, not the organization they are with.

I have reviewed NAUI. SSI, and PADI. These classes are more alike than different. It has been said in the past but likely bears repeating. The instructor is what is important, not the organization they are with.
The problem with such a review is that it is on paper and not in reality. What you see on paper is more or less what you get (at least with respect to PADI, and perhaps SSI) but represents the absolute minimum that you get with respect to NAUI, where you would typically get a lot more. To know precisely you have to talk to the individual instructor.

I don't know what you're arguing with, we see eye to eye on B&T. What you're referring to is understanding and enjoying what the coach says, and what I'm saying it that actual B&T is obvious and purpose.

What's B&T

Buoyancy and trim.

The most important thing for all newbies is to put into practice what they have learned. Best way to do that is to go out and dive. Best way to get out and dive is to get out with other divers and discover good places to dive in their area. With that they probably end up diving with experienced divers of all levels. The experienced divers need to mentor them.

How do they do all that? Joining a club is a great way to continue to learn. BUT with most new divers they most likely dont know there are dive clubs in their area or they are hesitant because of inferior complex ("Im a newbie they wont like me"). LDS fill that roll by having trips and offering classes. They become a "club" in essence to many divers.

So my advice to all newly certified divers is to do a quick search for a Dive club in their area and join. As with any hobby (I refuse to consider Diving a Sport) whether it be sewing, reading or motorcycle riding, joining a club is the best way to meet others who are passionate about what they do and love to share knowledge. Heck, Scuba Board is a virtual club in its self. Use the Buddy Matrix (the button that says Buddies at the top of the page) and find divers near you and introduce yourself, you may just find yourself a new buddy...

I don't know what you're arguing with, we see eye to eye on B&T. What you're referring to is understanding and enjoying what the coach says, and what I'm saying it that actual B&T is obvious and purpose.
Where did a cellphone spammer google that...lol.

" ADEQUATE CARE PROVIDED IS BETTER THAN PERFECT CARE WITHHELD " This was mentioned NUMEROUS times while watching the EFR Primary/Secondary DVD....... So that pretty much contradicts anyone who feels it is possible to "RUSH" certifying through the Rescue Course......... I think the "experience" needed comes to play at DM and above. EVERYONE should be Rescue Cert'd. And the Sooner the better, IMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom