Pair of Faber Bluesteel FX 149 cuft High Pressure Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hail2osiris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Faber 149 Cubic Foot High Pressure Steel Tank FX Series

Dove these 2 tanks twice in freshwater. Practically brand new, both times Nitrox, so still nitrox-clean. They have current VIP stickers on them, as well as a Nitrox Only sticker.

As a new rebreather diver, I really do not need these tanks anymore, and I would hate for them to just sit around... If you are a diver with an unusually high air consumption, or just want to stay down for a while, or even *gasp* make a double's rig out of these - these tanks are for you!

They go for $458 each on Scuba.com plus $50 for shipping for each. I am willing to sell for $700 for both if picking up locally and paying in cash (Philadelphia area). A $25 additional charge applies if PayPal is used. If someone is really interested in them getting shipped, I am willing to go through the exercise of bringing them to my local UPS store and asking them what it would cost to ship to the buyer's home (inclusive of packaging and appropriate insurance.

Welcome to the next generation in cylinder technology - High Pressure tanks that are compatible with any regulator

* VIP done last season (September) - Current Hydro (was brand new in Sep 09)
* Includes Pro Valve-Standard Yoke and DIN Compatible
* Self draining tank boot included
* 3442 PSI
* Nitrox Compatible to 40% (The Recreational Limits of Nitrox)
* Durable corrosion resistant finish
* Chromium Molybdenum Steel
* DIAMETER: 8.02 inches
* LENGTH: 29.53 inches
* WEIGHT EMPTY: 46.9 lbs.
* BUOYANCY FULL: - 9.41 lbs.
* BUOYANCY EMPTY: 2.35 lbs.
* FULL MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. I actually have three of these total, but was planning to keep one. I can be persuaded to part with the 3rd if someone really has a need for it.

i hate when people ask me this sort of thing, but i can't resist - would you be willing to sell just one?

700 dollars for one tank if you toss the rest of the stuff in.
:D

LOL! as you can see from the attached screenshot, scuba.com wants $1528 for 3 tanks... Which is what I paid in September....

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-21 at 3.13.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-21 at 3.13.57 PM.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 263
never pay retail.
:)
Not trying to be an A$$ but what they are worth now and what you paid aren't related most of the time, unfortunately.

Good luck with that breather, I hear they are the gnats ass if you dive often.

Back
Top Bottom