Pairing a computer with a second transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it possible to pair a Suunto D9 with Sunnto transmitters on separate regulator sets at different times?

Not quite sure what you mean, but if your asking if your D9 can work off different transmitters, yes...Read the manual about multiple Suunto transmitters in close proximity to your computer....But if you have two separate reg's, each w/it's own transmitter there won't be a conflict....As far as I know any Suunto computer will work off any Suunto transmitter w/o entering a code/key like the Oceanics.....You can do the reverse, I have a D9 and a Vytec DS, I run both off the same transmitter at the same time.......

j2s, thanks for the quick feedback. To clarify, I bought a second Suunto Wireless Air Transmitter and installed it in an HP port on the primary first stage of my "twins regulator set". Then, after clearing the code on my D9 (which was paired with my original transmitter on the first stage of my "singles regulator set"), I tried to pair it with the new transmitter but I couldn't detect the new transmitter at all. If I go back to the old transmitter then the D9 picks it up straightaway and re-pairs.

If as you say it is possible to connect a single computer to different suunto transmitters (on different first stages) at different times, then perhaps there is a problem with the new transmitter!

Robertse,
Do you have the original D9 or the D9tx? The original D9's do not store the code from the transmitter. With the original D9 you should be able to link it with one transmitter and then re-link to another transmitter without having to clear the code. The new D9tx stores the code of the paired transmitter and will not link to another transmitter unless the code is cleared in the dive settings menu. Have you dove yet with your newest transmitter, or has it not worked from day one?
Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris, its an original D9 (also I have the same issue with my HelO2) and the new transmitter hasn't hit the water yet. It seems like I have a problem with the transmitter?

Robertse,
My advice would be to send your D9, HelO2, and both transmitters in to a Suunto service center to be evaluated, so this issue can be resolved. How old are the units? Also, where they purchased at an authorized Suunto/Aqualung dealer? Where are you located, so I can refer you to the nearest service center?

Will do as you suggest. I have Suunto dealer nearby. Many thanks.

Your welcome. please let me know if you have any issues getting your equipment repaired.

Best Regards & Safe Diving,
Chris from Suunto

G'day,

Do Suunto have any plans to provide a product which lets us monitor and log the gas usage of multiple cylinders? Or even better, provide a firmware update for the HelO2 to be able to do this?

I dive with a transmitter on my single setup, and another on my twin setup, so I get to monitor and log the gas use of my back gas. But I find it annoying that I can't put transmitters on my stage cylinders and easily monitor and log the gas use from those cylinders.

With the HelO2 I can specify that I'm carrying multiple gas mixes, but I can't tell it that it that I have transmitters on multiple cylinders. It would be nice to be able to do this. Then when I do a gas switch, have the HelO2 start monitoring and recording the gas use of the mix I switch to.

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.

Lloyd,

My apologies, I was not aware that you had posted this. Suunto is always open to consumer insight. I can't make any promises, but I have passed on your comments to the product development department.

Best Regards & Safe Diving
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom