Palau Dive Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jschmidt

Reaction score
We are planning a dive trip to Palau. Anyone have any experience on the liveaboards in Palau. The Agressor is booked so this is not an option.

Just got back from a week aboard the Ocean Hunter II. Great operation. Small boat, only takes 12 divers. Book the master suite if you can, avoid the Owner's cabin if you can. We were in the master suite and it's the only way to go. The price isn't that much more and you get lots more room. The food is good, not great but what liveaboard is. Chance to do 5 dives a day if you wish. Divemasters were great, although Clayton is the best. They take you to all the great dive sites and really give you a lot of attention.

Welcome to Scubaboard! Another option to try is the Eclipse out of Sams Tours. Its a sailboat which does small group charters. Its on their website at samstours.com. You can book it through worldofdiving.com

jschmidt:
We are planning a dive trip to Palau. Anyone have any experience on the liveaboards in Palau. The Agressor is booked so this is not an option.

If I'm not too late...the Big Blue Explorer was great. It's quite large and the crew was awesome. The food was good too.

It would be great to hear about your experience on the Eclipse. I've sailed and dove from resorts before and loved the sailing. I was concerned about a single boat and the currents of Palau as well as access back into the boat.

I leave tomorrow and will post a lengthy trip report on my return!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom