Palau Trip Report - Eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man:
Can you describe how the diving went off, entry and exit from the water, etc? I was concerned about the access in and out.

The entry was a giant stride off the starboard side. The protocol for exit was to hand up your fins and then climb the ladder to the deck. It was no problem for me and my buddy but I could see it being a challenge for others. I assume thaty could hand up gear for those who couldn't climb out with their gear on.

Thanks for the great report. I have been anxious to hear your evaluation, since I have been researching this trip for awhile. A couple of questions...

Were you the only couple on the boat? When you made your reservation did they say they may add more people to fill the boat? Did you choose the divemaster from their list or was there just someone provided.?

We are on our own boat at every opportunity in the Channel Islands, but have been reluctant to do the live aboard thing on a dive trip. This sounds perfect, with the fishing, kayaking and diving.

Many thanks
Cheryl

Here are a few pictures.

Cheryl, they only take your group on the boat, making it a truly private live aboard. Charlie, John's wife is the DM. There was just 4 of us on the boat in December, John and Charlie and Kim and I.

You pay for the number of people you bring. It was a slight premium for two people as opposed to four or more but well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom