Palau Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcprofessor

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have posted a thread in the Pacific Islands forum, but have gotten minimal discussion on the subject of wreck diving in Palau. It seems like most dive operators consider wreck diving to be confined to sing recreational gear and staying within no-decompression limits. While most of the wrecks are within recreational limits, observing a no-decompression protocol limits the amount of time on the wreck. My dive buddy are planning an October trip to Palau and are looking for an operator that will support the use of high capacity tanks or doubles and staged decompression. Simply put, it's expensive to get to Palau and it's an expensive place anyway. WE would rather spend our time exploring the history underwater than getting the short version. I have done the typical dive trip to Palau before, and spending an entire day on a dive boat to do two single tank dives is not my thing.

Does anyone out there know of such a dive operator in Palau?

Diving wrecks is a joke in palau. If you want to pay ridiculous prices then you might get a dive. They have no interest in doing it.
I went there after Truk and wanted to do maybe one wreck dive there, no dice, oh yes if you pay maybe $500 a dive or something. Not only did we have the diver from hell in our group, but had a cattle boat dive company. I would never dive palau again unless it was a boat full of wreck divers and we had agreed to dive wrecks. They wanted to provide a wreck guide at significant cost. Otherwise you get the destroyed reef dives, over and over and over.

Go to Truk, better wrecks and cheaper diving.

Back
Top Bottom