Palm program for rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bradl45

New
Reaction score
I just returned from a great dive trip to So Califorina, we dived the Islands of San Clemente and Catalina on the liveaboard boat, The Sanddollar. I've always had great trips with these guys, and they are rebreather friendly. In Nov. 01 I took my rebreather training from Ken and Charlie ( Sanddollar Capitians/ rebreather instructors) and was intoduced to silent diving on the Ray and Dolphin. On my latest trip, 7,8, and 9 Mar. 02 I was introduced to a Palm reabreather program that makes it very easy to plan your rebreather dives. I already had one small program made for the Dolphin to figure out your Fio2, but I couldn't enter measured flow rate. This new Program from The Sanddollar has many features that I liked, it has 6 sub programs to figure values in:

1. Calc MOD
2. Calc SCR loop
3. Calc Best Mix
4. Calc EAD
5. Calc PO2
6. EAD Tables

Also for each subprogram had the formulas for each, in case you want to keep sharp on your math. It's easy to use, just enter your data via up and down arrows and hit Calc and the data you need is there.

In my opionion this is the best palm app that I've run into yet, it cost me $20 and I think it was money well spent. I would like to see them add another sub program that would convert cubic ft. to L's, then input tank pressure and tested flow to give you dive duration.

I don't see any info on thier web site yet for the program, but here's a link to thier site and you can email them for a demo. http://www.divingcharters.com

Thanks Ken and Charlie for yet another great trip, see ya in June

Brad L
Salt Lake City, Utah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom