Palos Verdes Dive Site: Camelback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The reefs along the southside of Palos Verdes are an enigma. Most nearshore reefs look very similar. Sand, bare rock, algae, sponges and the typical reef fish. Reefs and wrecks offshore have more abundance of marine life and a variety of fish uncommon near shore, such as rockfish. Sometimes there are exceptions to the rule.

One of my favorite nearshore reefs, Biodome has an abundance of marine life not found on neighboring reefs. Halfway Reef and Kevin's Reef offer nudibranchs and small fish not found at Christmas Tree Cove, just a few hundred yards away.

I found an interesting looking reef on Google Earth that I had been wanting to check out. It's not far from Biodome, sitting just sixty feet inside the northern boundary of the Point Vicente Marine Conservation Area. I expected to find a similar reef to Biodome, but it couldn't have been more different.

48531590907_44409e3e39_b.jpg

33° 44.791'N 118° 25.053'W

Review and photos at Palos Verdes Dive Site: Camelback

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom