Palu, exploratory diving - calling all on board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bunface

Reaction score
Went to central sulawesi, Palu once, met some German friends at a Prince John dive resort. Wasn't diving then, was there to RnR, didn't do snorkelling before..was convinced by resort boss to try it there (he even rent me his snorkelling kit for free!) and fell in love after seeing the massive corals and all the fishes that I've never seen before. The house reef was already amazing, then I decided to take diving when I was back in sg.

So me being the only non-diver, spent nights of beer sessions with my diving friends , listening to amazing stories about their new and different dives everyday. Photos of what they saw, fishes mating, night dives supposedly alot of activities, giant lobsters, dolphins, etc etc.

AND THIS TIME ROUND, I can dive..and I am definitely heading back to that place.
Manado can wait, so does Komodo. This place is untouched and I wana be the few people to enjoy the most original state of that place before it becomes popular and commercialized.

Got a package from WDPG dive club, the boat to parsoso island needs more than just 1 pax, I believe they will need 4pax, am asking my friends along if they can make it. Want to share it with everyone, and of cause get more dive friends who are interested to explore that place together.

Pm me if interested for the full details and photos I got from the email. :cloud9:
btw, going on January 28th to Feb 1st.

Hi Riwa,

YES!! Did you meet Alex, the german owner.. really helpful and nice guy! He was convincing me to take up diving with him because I was always alone when almost everyone at the resort were out diving!

Snorkelling there was amazing, just so near the shore and a hugh variety of fishes to see around the corals!!

Saw a school of fishes (should be tuna) just metres away from the house reef, but didn't dare go near, because the water is deeper there and more suitable for diving.

You can always get certified at the resort and join me for diving. :)

I am from Singapore, where are you from?

I am going to Parsoso island, not alot of divers been there for 3 years, and the last time I went, , my friends saw more than 50 dolphins riding the waves on their way to the island. I have never seen so many dolphines in my life in the wild, I am sure I will see alot of exciting marine life when I go there this month.

I was there in November, very excited to go back there again. :cheerleader:

Btw, Happy New Year!!

Not sure I am in corect place for asking- can anyone assist with more info on this shipwreck- The „Gili Raja“ Shipwreck
We offer a special dive for well-experienced and specially trained deep-sea divers to a 80 m long shipwreck at a depth of 50 m near Donggala. It has been lying there on its side in crystal clear water for approximately 50 years being beautifully overgrown by soft corals. There, we often see a Goliath grouper and a shoal of Jack fish. This kind of dive is only made with a ratio of 1:1. Permanent control by our well-experienced crew as well as reserve bottles underneath the boat are a basic requirement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom