panasonic 7-14 and red magic filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stargost

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone shooting with magic filter and the Panasonic m43 7-14mm ?
It doesnt seems there is a straight forward way to do this, as the 7-14 doesnt have a way to instal filter :-(

If anyone has found a DIY approach with good result, I'd be very thanksful to learn it !

thanks

Is anyone shooting with magic filter and the Panasonic m43 7-14mm ?
It doesnt seems there is a straight forward way to do this, as the 7-14 doesnt have a way to instal filter :-(
If anyone has found a DIY approach with good result, I'd be very thanksful to learn it !

Hi,

The Lumix fisheye 8mm has a rear mount while the 7-14mm has nothing but actually you could easily put the magic filter as on the Tokina 10-17mm: just use some piece of tape:

M A G I C - F I L T E R S

Bye

I see this lens has been discontinued by Panasonic. I hope they will replace it with somthing which is as high quality. Rumors are that a new lens will be released with IS. in the lens body. Do we really need IS. on a lens this wide?

Phil Rudin

stargost,

was looking to do something similar to what you're talking about and started this thread - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/olympus-outlet/412218-blue-water-filter-epl-1-zen-port.html

I did find a place that sells a red filter that affixes to the front of the Zen port, however, in talking to Reef they said that since it's outside the dome it could mess with the minimum focus distance and or add distortion. I've resigned myself to try and figure a way to easily set manual white balance underwater and go from there. So for now am trying to find a suitable disc of white material I can attach to the housing and swim around with.

I tried for MONTHS to get hold of someone at Magic Filters and never heard a peep, even after PMing Alex at wetpixel.

The trouble for me with the rear lens mounted MF soln is that once it's on, it's on for the whole dive. I want a solution that's flexible enough to let me shoot strobe or MF or use MF for video or with video lights all in the same dive. Looks like manual WB is my best choice.

I see this lens has been discontinued by Panasonic. I hope they will replace it with somthing which is as high quality. Rumors are that a new lens will be released with IS. in the lens body. Do we really need IS. on a lens this wide?

Phil Rudin

I would not think IS is particularly valuable for this lens, certainly not sufficiently so to warrant a redesign of a current lens that is so well regarded. Perhaps there is something else going on, like a provision for a rear filter...Or, maybe it just isn't selling well ($$$)and they need to dump it or change it to make it more marketable, like weather sealing it.

Back
Top Bottom