Panasonic 7-14 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything shot with 7-14mm at F7.1 max except opening and closing sequences shot on 8mm fisheye.
7-14mm and Nauticam port combo for me is amazing.

The lake of Posta Fibreno, is located by the village of Posta Fibreno, a small council of the Frosinone area in the Lazio Region, South of Rome, Italy. The lake is in a karstic terrain and rich in underwater springs.

Waiting for clearer water in winter time I edited some test shots filmed this summer.
In this period, warmer, slower moving waters increase the production of algae and allow it to accumulate in large blobs covering most of lake vegetation. Underwater shots are almost completely ruined by this mucilage, that constantly sticks to the port.
We will be back in water in January with a gin clear water.

[video=vimeo;51504827]https://vimeo.com/51504827[/video]

Hi!
I have the Panasonic Lumix GX1 (with a 14-22 but would buy the 7-14) and would like to use it on my next trip. I'm trying to figure out whether to buy the nauticam housing (and where to buy it) and what strobe, cable etc. I'd prefer used, of course!

My niece has offered to lend me her Sony DSC-T1 with housing but with no wide angle lens and no lights.
Advice more than welcome!

The GX1 is a fairly new camera, so finding a used housing might be difficult, but not impossible. Our customers who have one really enjoy it. Any S&S or Inon strobe will work great, with a fiber optic cable - the YS-D1 is an incredible strobe and we do have a deal on a used Sea & Sea Ys-110a. Finding used strobes + cables should be no problem. - Scott

>>> Lumix GX1 (with a 14-22 but would buy the 7-14)

My advice, forget both 14-22 and 7-14. Get first 8mm FE with dome and when you take more pics and want to spend more $$$, get 45mm Macro with flat port and additional +5 dioptr wet lens. (which you can mount/remove under water during dive). Im very disappointed with my 7-14 and can say the 8mm fish eye takes much better pictures. I also have 14mm but not using it much. Have fun with the camera, GX1 is awesome !

Sorry to revive this thred,
i seeking an answer regarding to my em5 with pana 7-14 lens combo for optizimed quality pictures.
what is the best setup i can go with it?

Sorry to revive this thred,
i seeking an answer regarding to my em5 with pana 7-14 lens combo for optizimed quality pictures.
what is the best setup i can go with it?

I use EM-5 with nauticam housing + 6" dome port for 7-14mm; quite happy the the set-up. Don't have 8mm FE; so can't compare.
My initial set-up is always M, ISO200, F8, 1/125, manual flash 1/64; then making minor adjustment (+/- 1 steps) to control the BG colour to my prefered blue; adjust strobes power for the FG.
Try not to use aperture larger than F8 - can be soft edges.

I use the ZEN Underwater 170mm optical glass with extension and use about the same camera settings in manual mode with two Inon Z-240 strobes. F/8 is a good starting point to work around. This is my go to lens for wide angle and I use it much more than the 8mm fisheye which I use with a 100mm ZEN port.

The attached image is with the E-M5, Nauticam NA-EM5 housing, 7-14mm @7mm, at F/5, ISO-200, 1/250th, Cozumel Mexico. While the corners are a bit soft at F/5 the image is quite usable for me and in fact has been published.

P.S. For those that do not already own the Panasonic 7-14mm F/4, Olympus will introduce a 7-14mm F/2.8 "PRO" lens in early 2015.

Phil Rudin

Attachments

• P4250879.jpg
    P4250879.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 349
I use EM-5 with nauticam housing + 6" dome port for 7-14mm; quite happy the the set-up. Don't have 8mm FE; so can't compare.
My initial set-up is always M, ISO200, F8, 1/125, manual flash 1/64; then making minor adjustment (+/- 1 steps) to control the BG colour to my prefered blue; adjust strobes power for the FG.
Try not to use aperture larger than F8 - can be soft edges.

i have a lot your pics, are all of the wide angle shot is using the setup u mention ?

i have a lot your pics, are all of the wide angle shot is using the setup u mention ?

Yes, as a starting point - normaly working well in typical clear warm water. Some adjustment and tuning might be required depend on the situation, viz; depth, sunlight or for other cretaivity reason

Hello,

I have the OM-D E-M10 and the Panasonic 7 - 14 mm, and I cannot decide whether to get the Nauticam 6" dome or the Zen 170 mm.

For me, it is very important that I can use it up to 100 m of depth. I'm planning a trip to the Amoco Milford Haven Wreck (-80 m max) in June. I guess this is not a problem for the Nauticam 6" dome, but I couldn't find a depth Rating for the Zen dome. Could anyone here help me out?

Best Regards,

Philip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom