Panasonic GH1, game changer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
From the NY Times, a review of the new Panasonic GH1:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/30/technology/personaltech/30pogue.htm?pagewanted=1&8dpc

So the G1 and its same-size successor, the GH1, are smaller than any other S.L.R., and yet the sensor is nearly as large and captures exceptional photos. Still, these are not pocket cameras. Indeed, theyÃÓe only a fraction of an inch smaller than the smallest real S.L.R. Does a fraction of an inch make these cameras worth the investment?

Not before. But now, yes. Because in the GH1, Panasonic has packed in yet another breakthrough: full, unlimited-length, 1080p high-definition video, with autofocus.

No Techno geek but think we are still one maybe two generations from the camera that will make me think about buying new gear. Must have DSLR +12megapixel, sharp, low noise, high ISO performance and shoot HD video. Really the next big step is up to strobe manufacturers to make strobes that are flash and video lights. THEN you will have it all, sort of.....

What's going to make the GH1 a game changer is the live view shooting. It might be the only other camera on the market with an EVF and no mirror. That means zero lag shooting with live view underwater that would be priceless. Just my two cents.

I really hope they make an underwater case for the GH1. I've been waiting for this camera for a while. Anyone know if any, I can't find anything on google search.

You're probably looking at around 3 months after the camera's release date for Ike to produce something.

I just bought a 10 bar housing underwater optical in Seattle. Nice...

Back
Top Bottom