Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RocketMan

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone use this camera?

It has all the features I've been looking for in a compact digital however, reviews I've read state that it is a bit noisy, especially at ISO 400. But I wanted to get input from someone that has used it in real life. Sample shots would be a plus.

Thanks in advance for you input.

Ahhh, you said it has all the features you were looking for, how about an UW housing. I don't think there is one for this camera (or any other Panasonic for that mater).

If you are looking for an UW cameras, you really want to start with UW cases and work backwards to the camera. Only a select few cameras have UW housings. This will limits your choices more than features or even local availability.

Cecil:
Ahhh, you said it has all the features you were looking for, how about an UW housing. I don't think there is one for this camera (or any other Panasonic for that mater).

Well all but one...your right, there seems to be no U/W housings for any Panasonic still cameras...but I'm always looking for fun DIY project (if I can sneak another one by my wife), so lack of a commercial housing is not a complete deal breaker...it would require a design evaluation, but I wouldn't want to go to the trouble of designing and building a case if the camera was a dog. That's why I was asking for any first hand knowledge on its general usability, likes, dislikes and such. My fault for not being more specific.

The problem in this forum is we are UW photographers and I doubt if any of us have a Panasonic. You might want to look for an answer at www.dpreview.com. The forums there are very active and I'd be surprised if they do not know the answer.

Well it’s all academic now anyway Cecil. My wife and I had a "discussion" and it seems she would prefer I finish restoring my '59 Bug-eyed Sprite before I start any new projects. So I guess I'll take your suggestion and only look at cameras that have a U/W housing available. Thanks

Well I have a FZ10 and an LX7 I love the Lumix camera's but there are no underwater housings for them and don't even think about a EWA bag at depth.

I'm with your wife. I'd rather have a bug-eyed Sprite than a homemade UW housing. LOL.

Keep us informed of your decision. I'd look at the Canon A-series, possibly a Canon A620. Good camera and a good UW housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom