Panasonic LX7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice footage from fbk. The ikelite housing is large and lacks the Nd filter button and manual focus lever but costs half I believe of the nauticam. Ikelite has also a recessed glass on the port so you need to check vignette with the wetmate and may need a more expensive ikelite glass dome

I have an Ikelite housing for an older camcorder. Besides the increased size, the Ikelite housing camera controls are less precise and not as easy to use as the Nauticam. Buttons controls are pretty good, but dials and rotating knobs can be tricky with the Ike.

For photography with the LX7 I would definitely get the Nauticam since you will want to make manual adjustments regularly. For video, I mainly use the MWB, focus lock buttons and not much else. Probably would be happy with the Ikelite if I only wanted to shoot video or will only be shooting photo in full auto mode.

I know ill be shooting both video and stills. So it's the Nauticam housing. This is great information for someone just getting a start. Lense choices are helpful. Can't believe the video you are getting from this camera. I know it's part camera and part shooter.

I have written a lot on my blog about the LX7 and there are rig examples however if you are interested and want to make sure you don't make expensive mistakes I also give a personal shopper service to people that want it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom