Papua New Guinea - Location Guide to diving Port Moresby and Bootless Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
Papua New Guinea - Location Guide for diving Port Moresby and Bootless Bay

I have just finished revising and updating my location guide for the Port Moresby and Bootless Bay area of Papua New Guinea.

Most divers traveling to PNG try to get through Port Moresby (which is still the only international gateway in to the country...) as quickly as possible because of its bad reputation for raskol gangs and random violence, but there is actually some excellent diving to be had.

Port Moresby is also not the hell-hole it is often depicted as - "gritty" and potentially dangerous yes, but manageable with a modicum of common sense in my opinion.

My guide provides an overview of Port Moresby, plus links to what else to do there and where to stay. There are overviews of diving in Port Moresby and the main dive sites, Loloata Dive Resort and my two favorite dive sites Suzie's Bommie and the wreck of the Pacific Gas.

Don

POM-Aerial_edit_750.jpg

Last edited:
Spent about 10 days diving Port Moresby back in 2003. The diving out of Fairfax Harbour is as good as the diving from Bootless Bay. However, you can only dive this area with private individuals or the dive club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom