Papua New Guinea, solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrassner

New
Reaction score
Hello,
I am going to PNG Mar 2004 for a month of volunteer work in the highlands. I'd love to do some diving either on the way out, end of Feb, or on the way home, beginning of Apr. I've been to PNG before (Mt Hagen, Madang, Port Morsby), so I know the limitations of traveling alone as a woman. Any recommendations of where I can stay and have some great dives?? I'm not interested in doing a boat alone. I only have time for one stop.
Thanks, Leslie

Hi
I haven't been all over PNG but the Walindi Plantation Resort in Kimbe would be hard to beat. Beautiful place, nice people and the diving in Kimbe Bay is hard to beat. In fact it's about the best I've ever done anywhere. The reefs look like they did 10000 years ago( I think:rolleyes: ). Many people like loloata resort near Moresby but I have no firsthand knowledge of the place. I wouldn't recommend diving near Rabaul. I also hear Kavieng has good pelagics but I haven't been there either. You cant go wrong with Walindi. I think they have a website too. Enjoy

I have never been there but spoken to a couple of other divers that have been, after seeing there video Im booked will be there Oct 4th. If you want uptodate info you could E me after 26th

I've been to Walindi, Rabaul and Loloata and all three places have something to recommend them. Rabaul, however I wouldnt recommend for someone on their own. Walindi is superb, beautiful unspoilt reefs and an excellent resort with very friendly and helpful staff. It may be however a little out of the way for you and cut down on the time that you may be able to dive. Loloata because of its proximity to Port Moresby may be better. The resort is excellent and the staff also. There is a good mix of diving wrecks reefs and pelagic encounters. I loved it and probably preferred it to Walindi although its a close run thing. Tufi is also just a short trip from Port Moresby by plane. I havent been there before but am going this year as well as back to Loloata.

Back
Top Bottom