Papua New Guinea - Updated Location Guide for Tufi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
I have finally finished updating the location guide to Tufi in Oro Province, Papua New Guinea.

Less well known than Milne Bay and Kimbe Bay, Tufi is actually one of my favorite locations in PNG as it offers really good diving at certain times of the year combined with spectacular above water scenery and, for the more adventurous, some quite special village culture and homestays.

I have updated all the pages in the Tufi guide and added new ones based on recent trips - included is an overview of Oro Province and diving Tufi plus there are dedicated pages on Tufi Wharf, the PT Boat wrecks, the really great offshore reefs and diving in Cape Nelson's Fiords.

There are also dedicated pages on the B17F Black Jack wreck on Cape Vogel that can be dived from Tufi and the B25 "Pistoff" Mitchell Bomber wreck in Collingwood Bay.

I have also included a dedicated section on the quite special village culture around Tufi with pages on village homestays, cultural demonstrations in the villages, the facial tattoos of the Tufi area and the Puri Puri (loosely translated as Black Magic...) men of Tufi.

Don

PNG_09_Tufi_Feb_D02_057And8more_crop_1000.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom