Para wants to take Stress and Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrokenT10

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a paraplegic with SSI AOW certification. I would like to advance to the next level but need to take Stress and Rescue. Does anyone know of a modified course, an instructor willing to give the course or know someone who has taken this course after being disabled.

According to their website and HSA's website, they dont do any further than AOW.

I'm not sure on SSI, but with PADI, it's a matter of completing the performance requirements -- not how you do them.

Are you capable of getting an unconscious diver out of the water? If so, what's stopping you from just taking the normal class?

If not, I'd suggest enrolling in the class, but being aware that your physical limitations may prevent you from completing the certification requirements -- it can't hurt to learn everything else in the class, however!

After a long search, I have found someone willing to give me the class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom