Paradise Island Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone! :D

I am going to Paradise Island for the first time, the last week of July, and staying at Atlantis Beach Tower. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good dive operation to dive with. I usually go to Aruba and dive with "Dive Aruba" and like the small dive groups that Dive Aruba takes out at one time. I see Stewards Cove advertised a lot in dive magazines but do not know much about them. Any advice about diving and or must things to do, would be greatly appreciated.

:sharkattack:

Having dove with Stewart Cove's op several times, I can say that, while I enjoyed the diving, SC's definitely does NOT fit your desired "small dive groups" operation.

They are a well run, "assembly line" dive op, with many boats, and lots of divers.
When the p.m. 2 tank divers are arriving -on buses, while the a.m. 2 tank divers are returning-on boats- think "the NYC subway at rush hour" on the dock/shop area.
That said, it works. SC's usually has the people and equipment to create a good diving experience. I plan on diving with them on my next trip to Nassau.
They have a fleet of buses/vans, and will pick you up from any of the hotels/resorts. Just let them know when you book your dives.

The SC shop is located at the far end of New Providence (relative to Paradise Island), so the pickup time in the morning is prettyy early (7:15 a.m or there abouts- for the morning dives. Also, you'd be the last to get dropped off after diving.

The only other dive op that I have heard of is Bahama Divers which, I believe, is located near the bridge joining PI to Nassau.
They are a smaller operation, and might be better to your liking. I have never dove with them, but others on SB have, and seem to enjoy the experience. There have been posters here who have said that the better dive sites are at the far end of the island, where Stewart Cove's visits. Maps I have seen have shown a greater number of dive sites in that southern area .

Enjoy your trip.

Mike

p.s.: FWIW, there were, for many years, 2 other ops at the south end of the island (near SC), but both went out of business within the last 5 years. I think the "big fish" (SC) drove out the smaller fish. I mention this only in keeping with the "more dive sites in that area comment.

There is also Bahamas Divers a few minutes away from the Atlantis. Over the bridge into Nassau and take a left. We were there last November and dove the Lost Blue Hole and a shallow reef with them. There are some pics on photo gallery. Stuart's cove is the largest operation and they do alot of wrecks and walls. They both will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel. I own a timeshare at Harborside and have been there 6 times, if you have any other questons about the resort let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom