Parking in Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracy

Tech Instructor / Charter Captain
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am leaving Detroit on Christmas eve night. Bringing my dive boat down to Miami and the keys for a couple of weeks. I plan to put in in Miami and then live aboard for the next two weeks while bouncing through the keys. Any recomendation of a Marina with a ramp that will let me leave my truck and trailer parked for two weeks?

An unattended vehicle with trailer in a Miami boat yard/Marina!?!?
DANGER!
DANGER!
DANGER!
You might want to consider a towing company lot or secured RV storage lot.
Also, I would think that while you said "Miami", Homestead or Florida City is
a better option.
and why not park it in The Keys?
The Key Largo area, Marathon, Key Weird, or other Keys locale seems a great idea to me.
Chug
Is overdue for a Keys trip.

I take it my truck won't be there when I get back?

Do you have any recomendations in homestead or Florida City? I'm not particular about where I start the trip, typically the starting boat ramp isn't the memorable part.

I didn't want to park it in the keys as the oversize load permits to tow it are stupid, once I leave I-75 they get even more stupid.

I'm not familiar at all with the keys or the lower Florida area. This is the first time I have taken the boat down. It typically lives in the Lake Huron, Lake Erie area.

An unattended vehicle with trailer in a Miami boat yard/Marina!?!?
DANGER!
DANGER!
DANGER!
You might want to consider a towing company lot or secured RV storage lot.
Also, I would think that while you said "Miami", Homestead or Florida City is
a better option.
and why not park it in The Keys?
The Key Largo area, Marathon, Key Weird, or other Keys locale seems a great idea to me.
Chug
Is overdue for a Keys trip.

There is a boat ramp right next to Ocean Divers at the mile post 100 marina in Key Largo. Not sure how big a boat they can handle.

There a plenty of marinas here in the area. I would call them to verify about over night parking.
Pennekamp State Parking has a marina & campgrounds as well as plenty of parking areas. That may be on if the better options.

It looks like your battle is the oversized load permit while hauling a big ass boat south issue more than anything.

How far can you travel off the I-75 corridor with that pig on your butt before you are being a bad boy?

Is it a Diesel engine?
I have a wild idea about putting in over on the west coast of Florida say in Naples or something and then chugging it over to Florida Bay.
There are several boats that go from Fort Myers and Naples to the Keys.

Chug
logistics, logistics, logistics.

Technically, I can drag it anywhere I want to pay for. One way permits on the interstate are not that bad as it is only a 10' beam. The causeways to the keys require a pilot car for anything overwidth. That gets expensive and I don't really see a reason to mess with it. Not a diesel, it isn't a huge boat, just nice and wide.

It looks like your battle is the oversized load permit while hauling a big ass boat south issue more than anything.

How far can you travel off the I-75 corridor with that pig on your butt before you are being a bad boy?

Is it a Diesel engine?
I have a wild idea about putting in over on the west coast of Florida say in Naples or something and then chugging it over to Florida Bay.
There are several boats that go from Fort Myers and Naples to the Keys.

Chug
logistics, logistics, logistics.

Did you pick out a place to park it?

Not as of yet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom