Parting out Davey 15cfm compressor (with wisconsin gas engine)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba One

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a military surplus Davey 15 cfm with a Wisconsin gas engine. The gas engine has a scored piston so will not fill to 3000 cf. I also have two of these with Hatz diesel engines, so want to keep any parts that might work on these machines. I don't have room for lots of storage so want to pull the most valuable parts and get ride of the rest.

What parts should I keep and is anyone interested in any of these parts?

Last edited:
I am looking for an engine for my Davey.....we are converting it from an electric motor....let me know if you have one for sale...
Thanks...
TexDiver

It is the engine that is bad on mine. The compressor worked fine but the engine does not have enough fire to fill the tanks. The pistons and cylinder walls are scored. There are a couple of places in Texas that carry parts for these, but you might find it cheaper to get another compress than replace just the engine.

As I understand, they make an adaptor for switching from the gas engine to diesel, but it would be cheaper to buy a whole different (used) system than to try and change it out. This might also be the case for going from electric to diesel.

There are probably people reading this that know more about it than I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom