Parts Diagram for a YS 50 TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotpuppy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where can I find a parts diagram/list for a YS-50 TTL flash? This flash was originally designed to be used with the Moto-Marine series of film cameras, but it is a TTL flash.

My local dive shop had one that they had broken the cord on and it was new, old stock. I verified that the unit was functional and then safely opened and removed the cord.

NOTE: Flashes contain very high voltages inside and only qualified personnel should attempt to open them. Serious injury can occur if you are not careful. Despite having a 6 volt powersource it is not uncommon to find a voltage of over 1,000 volts on the capacitor.

At this point I need to compile a list of parts and ensure that any miscellaneous o-rings are identified for replacement. It would be much simpler if I was able to tell my LDS what parts were required rather than forcing him to dig up the part numbers for me.

thanks,
Brian

HI Brian-
The YS-50 along with all other SEA&SEA strobes are not field-serviceable. SEA&SEA Japan does not disclose or publish schematics, diagrams or parts lists to consumers unfortunately. In addition, parts availability for a discontinued strobe of 10+ years is limited if available at all. If you require service or would like to get the strobe in working order, please contact us for repair service information. You can email service@seaandsea.com. Thank you.

I can understand not sharing schematics, although it's honestly a bit silly..... There isn't anything magical going on with strobes.

But not publishing parts lists? That basically makes the strobes impossible to maintain which isn't the sort of equipment I want to own. Glad I learned this on an inexpensive unit that my LDS had laying around.

Just in case there is a legitemate reason, what's the rational for not publishing parts lists? I think it's unreasonable to make me as a Sea & Sea equipment owner bother the heck out of my local dive shop to research replacement parts and hope that they spot all of the parts numbers.

Parts are available from the service center or authorized repair facilities directly and are not available to a local retailer. Any repair or service work is only to be completed by the above mentioned facilities, hence the reason parts/schematics are not published. Although, the strobe you are requesting information for is over 10 years old, the information is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom