Parts for mares mr12 mkIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I own a Mares MR12 MKIII regulator and first stage. Yes it is an oldie, but a goodie for the diving I do. It's in excellent condition. My LDS can no longer get parts to service it from Mares. Can anyone help with the name of someone who might have the parts and be able to ship them to my shop for service?

dd

Here are some pics. I'm almost certain it is an MKIII (although it could be an MKII).
secondstage.JPG

firststage.JPG

Looks like an old MR12 + an equaly old Abyss.
What's the problem,can't be 100% sure but the newer parts will most likely fit.
Would love to get my greasy fingers on that one

That is an MR12 III unit. Yes, parts are still available for the regulator. In fact, the first stage can be converted over to the new Mares tri-material HP valve assembly. The only parts that your tech may have some difficulty finding are the LP poppet seat and the exhaust valve. They are both smaller than what Mares currently uses in their present models, but are still available from Mares. I recently obtained some in my last parts order.

The MR12 III was, and still is, a great reg. It is very robust, and mechanically simple as compared to many products on the market today. The small exhaust valve created just enough exhalation effort that the second stage had difficulty in passing the latest US Navy Class "A" standards. Mares installed a larger exhaust valve in the Abyss/Vortex series, and it passed with flying colors. Still, for any recreational dive it is an excellent choice.

Greg Barlow

That is an MR12 III unit. Yes, parts are still available for the regulator. In fact, the first stage can be converted over to the new Mares tri-material HP valve assembly. The only parts that your tech may have some difficulty finding are the LP poppet seat and the exhaust valve. They are both smaller than what Mares currently uses in their present models, but are still available from Mares. I recently obtained some in my last parts order.

Thanks Greg and others for your advice. I still love my reg and it performs like the day I bought it. My LDS said that they couldn't get parts... ? This is the shop that I originally bought the reg from back in 1990. I trust the owner implicitly and he said there was no way to get parts because he tried with another diver's reg of the same model. Am I getting a bunch of bull?

If you say parts are still available, how do I go about getting the parts to my LDS? Especially since they don't think they exist.

dd

I own a Mares MR12 MKIII regulator and first stage. Yes it is an oldie, but a goodie for the diving I do. It's in excellent condition. My LDS can no longer get parts to service it from Mares. Can anyone help with the name of someone who might have the parts and be able to ship them to my shop for service?

dd

I"ve been diving an MR12 III since 1987. I LOVE IT! Breaths great at any depth.:D Never had a problem getting it serviced.

I recommend "Red Sullivan's Blue Water Diving" in Daytona, FL google it and you'll get his web site. not only does he do excellent work, but he will not over charge and returns old parts he replaces and doesn't replace what is still safe to dive with. :lotsalove:

Call him and send your regs to him, I promise you won't regret it. :wink:

My opinion, he's the best. :lotsalove:

Hey guys !
I also have an oldie MARES regulator . I bought it in 1990 already used. I'm not sure which model I own. It still working fine with no problems. On the 1.st stage is number G02803 . and on the 2. stage is number 8046761 . Could somebody tell me witch model it is ?? Thanks !

Attachments

• MARES REGULATOR 001.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 001.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 228
  • MARES REGULATOR 004.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 004.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 338
  • MARES REGULATOR 005.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 005.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 231
  • MARES REGULATOR 003.jpg
    MARES REGULATOR 003.jpg