Parts for old conshelfs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishmunger

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, i searched around, but wasn't able to find anyone who would sell me parts. I have 4 seconds and 2 1sts that I want to rebuild, but can't find the kits anywhere...i know some of you guys have gotta be rebuilding these old things?

Nate

Hi Fishmunger

The Conshelf's (especially the XIV's) were and still are a very good regulator, I bought one new in the late 70's and later regretted selling it!

Try these two websites:
www.vintagedoublehose.com
www.vintagescuba.com

I think either of these guys can help you or steer you in the right direction.
In fact for a very reasonable charge they would rebuild and tune it better than new with state of the art material seats/ seals.

Warning: Do not browse the double hose regs, if you have a "thing" for older aqualung regs you could find yourself with lusting for more than just the conshelfs!!

I have been using a Conshelf XII for the past 30 years I never had a problem having my reg serviced by my local Aqua Lung dealers. I just ordered my new XIV, it should arrive any day. I expect to get 30 more years with new reg and make my XII an octo.:D

The Conshelf XI, XII and XIV first stages all use the same current Conshelf first stage kit as the more recent Conshelf variations. I have not tried it, but the odds are good the kit would work for the Conshelf VI as well. The Conshelf IV needs an entirely different kit and that one could be much harder to find.

The second stage situation is very similar. Comshelf XI, XII, XIV, Calypso, Aquarius or whatever - a Conshelf metal second stage is a Conshelf metal second stage and they all use what amounts to generic seats and o-rings and the current Conshelf second stage kit works just fine.

The nice thing about Conshelf first and second stages is that they seem to just keep on going forever without an annual service. If I were going to be stuck on a deserted tropical island with superb diving, unlimited air and no reg repair parts, I'd want to have a Conshelf XIV.

Turncoat..... ;-)

fishmunger:
Well, i searched around, but wasn't able to find anyone who would sell me parts. I have 4 seconds and 2 1sts that I want to rebuild, but can't find the kits anywhere...i know some of you guys have gotta be rebuilding these old things?

Nate

You are not searching throughly enough.
(800) 601-DIVE

Phil Ellis

i didnt find the parts on their web page, but if I call they'll sell to me? That would be awesome.

Secondly, for 2nd stages I have: 1 XIV, 1 Aquarius, 1 Octopus, and 1 SE2. Would the aquarius and octopus take a separate rebuild kit?

BTW, I too will have to praise just how good/reliable/durable these regs are. I think I'm set for life with these babies.

thanks guys,

Nate

fishmunger:
i didnt find the parts on their web page, but if I call they'll sell to me? That would be awesome.

Secondly, for 2nd stages I have: 1 XIV, 1 Aquarius, 1 Octopus, and 1 SE2. Would the aquarius and octopus take a separate rebuild kit?

BTW, I too will have to praise just how good/reliable/durable these regs are. I think I'm set for life with these babies.

thanks guys,

Nate

Phil is the owner. My guess is that if he wasn't interested in selling you the parts he wouldn't have posted... :wink:

fishmunger:

These all use the same rebuild kit. The Aquarius 2nd stage is exactly the same as the XIV except for the sticker on the purge button.

sweet. thats what i had hoped. all the darn things look exactly the same other than the sticker...looks like phil will be getting my business shortly!

Back
Top Bottom