Parts source for Zeagle 50D?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A buddy has a Zeagle 50D that broke. That is literally all the info I have.

The shop he took it to told him it's a discontinued reg and they cannot get all the required parts needed to fix it.

Sniff test says they're just trying to sell him a new reg.

Thoughts? Know of a source where he (or his shop) would be able to get any potentially needed parts?

I know there was a recall on this model, but I don't know if his is one that was recalled. If it is, would he possibly have some recourse with Huish at this point?

I know that Apeks parts will fit. We just had 2 50D's rebuilt earlier this year.

A buddy has a Zeagle 50D that broke. That is literally all the info I have.

The shop he took it to told him it's a discontinued reg and they cannot get all the required parts needed to fix it.

Sniff test says they're just trying to sell him a new reg.

Thoughts? Know of a source where he (or his shop) would be able to get any potentially needed parts?

I know there was a recall on this model, but I don't know if his is one that was recalled. If it is, would he possibly have some recourse with Huish at this point?

http://www.mcssl.com/store/zeagleexpress/regulators/service-and-parts-kits ?

They still have an exploded parts list, I would call to verify availability.

really depends on what parts he needs. the standard rebuild kits are still around, but a replacement body or dry seal chamber might be tough to get. some of the parts are indeed interchangeable with the apeks DST but the dry seal is different.

I know that Apeks parts will fit. We just had 2 50D's rebuilt earlier this year.

the tech 50d and the 50d are different regs, the tech 50d is a rebadged apeks tx50/dst but the 50d is modified. if stu means the 50d and not tech 50d, then not all of the parts are cross compatible. the 50d uses a different seat and can't use the apeks rebuild kit.

reg53.jpg
zeagle 50d, note the plastic dry seal cap

Thanks, all. I sent my buddy the link to Zeagle Express.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom