Parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyricnz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I just got back to my gear, from a couple of weeks off, and find that in the interim someone (quite possibly me!) has dropped a weight on my brand-new only-used-once Shockwave LED. The chassis is complely smashed, uugh!

I don't suppose anyone has their own Shockwave LED that's dead for other reasons, and could give me the chassis? The reason that I ask is that the torch is, for some crazy reason, around us$300 to buy locally! (yes, I could order from leisurepro etc - but shipping is pretty expensive - the torch comes with a lot of heavy batteries).

Cheers, Simon

Last edited:
Contact PT and tell them your story, they might surprise you. I once broke a PT light, my own fault. I contacted PT by email to try and buy part for lignt. They had me send broken light to them. They sent me a brand new light batteries included at their expense. They have great customer service, and stand behind their lifetime warranties.

As the previous post mentioned, simply contact our customer service department and we will get your light taken care of. You can contact 609-298-9331 at your convenience.

I just got back to my gear, from a couple of weeks off, and find that in the interim someone (quite possibly me!) has dropped a weight on my brand-new only-used-once Shockwave LED. The chassis is complely smashed, uugh!

I don't suppose anyone has their own Shockwave LED that's dead for other reasons, and could give me the chassis? The reason that I ask is that the torch is, for some crazy reason, around us$300 to buy locally! (yes, I could order from leisurepro etc - but shipping is pretty expensive - the torch comes with a lot of heavy batteries).

Cheers, Simon

Just to follow up on this thread: I called the Princeton Tec US support number, and they directed me towards one of the local (Australia) agencies. I called them, and they said they would source a replacement chassis for the light, and ship it to me when it arrives from USA in a couple of weeks, no charge (except postage perhaps). So far, excellent response!

I'll update this thread again, when it arrives, with details on any costs, and how I went about reassembling the light.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that my replacement chassis for the light arrived last week. Absolutely no problems assembling it, and it's been working great this week (I'm on a week-long dive holiday, involving some basic caving). The local agency didn't charge for the replacement, very very happy, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom