Passport to re-enter US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR:
This is one of those threads we Europeans bend over laughing when we read your posts! -IT'S FUNNY!!!

First all the fuzz about the simple thing of getting a passport. Now why shouldn't YOU have a passport? If you want to stay within the US borders the rest of your life, don't get a passport. If you want to travel, get a passport. It's that simple.

Well said!

KOMPRESSOR:
The chip IS a security measure. The next time I renew my Norwegian passport there will be a chip in mine too. Not because Norwegian Government decided, but because YOUR GOVERNMENT decided there must be one to get into the USA. Now what is a passport good for if it isn't accepted in all countries? So chip it is... I'm not happy with being computer tracked every time I cross a border.

Actually our government wanted the chips, so convinced the UN to mandate them, so that we could say we are following the UN mandate. Politics is a weird world.

KOMPRESSOR:
Now for the metric system. One thing I really, REALLY appreciate is that everything connects. Pressure, volume, weight, distances, temperatures...
-How was it with your system again? Oh, sorry. Not really a system is there?! :eyebrow:
Sure there is a system. Or 'systems.' We like systems, so much so that we have several, when one would do. :wink:

Derek S:
Who knew this was going to create so much interest in the LDS forum? Well, that's the last time I open my mouth (or keyboard). :D

I think a Mormon forum would be against the TOS...

KOMPRESSOR:
This is one of those threads we Europeans bend over laughing when we read your posts! -IT'S FUNNY!!!
No need for you to do that :wink:

First all the fuzz about the simple thing of getting a passport. Now why shouldn't YOU have a passport? If you want to stay within the US borders the rest of your life, don't get a passport. If you want to travel, get a passport. It's that simple. The chip IS a security measure. The next time I renew my Norwegian passport there will be a chip in mine too. Not because Norwegian Government decided, but because YOUR GOVERNMENT decided there must be one to get into the USA. Now what is a passport good for if it isn't accepted in all countries? So chip it is... I'm not happy with being computer tracked every time I cross a border. But that's the way it has to be, since you guys always seem to piss off people from less friendly countries.

Now for the metric system. One thing I really, REALLY appreciate is that everything connects. Pressure, volume, weight, distances, temperatures...
-How was it with your system again? Oh, sorry. Not really a system is there?! :eyebrow:

There's 100 Cents in one Dollar. Is that really so difficult to grasp? I'm quite sure 90% of you would figure the metric system and even get used to it within a few weeks if you had to. -That is if you bother to try. Most Americans I've met didn't...

Harse words here now! Sorry if anyone feel I'm attacking. I'm not. In fact I used to live in the US, for a year at least. Graduated from high school there as well. Nathan Hale, Seattle, Class of '86. I loved it there! And I want to go back anytime, even with a chip in my new passport! :wink:

Take care and safe travelling everyone!

No, I don't feel like you're attacking us, however you might consider reducing your salt intake :wink:

Derek - nice job on getting some action in the Lake Effect Divers forum.

The easy fix for this problem is to sink 5 or 6 ships off Rochester and create a new National Lake Ontario SCUBA park. Then we add a few more Nuclear Power Stations to get the water temp up and I won't have to go out of the country to dive.

We get TAVI to set up a nice little charter operation and teach us all about penetrating wrecks and tri-mix.

This would also get the Canadians to come down on our new "Fast Ferry" and then they will be the only ones needing passports. :10:

Actually I'm surprised it has taken this long.

Jeff

NetPro:
..The easy fix for this problem is to sink 5 or 6 ships off Rochester and create a new National Lake Ontario SCUBA park. Then we add a few more Nuclear Power Stations to get the water temp up and I won't have to go out of the country to dive.

A truly visionary person could even warm up the entire US coast thusly. Then I could even wear my 3mm suit for scuba there. :)

NetPro:
Derek - nice job on getting some action in the Lake Effect Divers forum.

The easy fix for this problem is to sink 5 or 6 ships off Rochester and create a new National Lake Ontario SCUBA park. Then we add a few more Nuclear Power Stations to get the water temp up and I won't have to go out of the country to dive.

We get TAVI to set up a nice little charter operation and teach us all about penetrating wrecks and tri-mix.

This would also get the Canadians to come down on our new "Fast Ferry" and then they will be the only ones needing passports. :10:

Actually I'm surprised it has taken this long.

Jeff

Geez,

Do you guys know about all of the small nuclear plants in Ballston Spa/ Saratoga Springs area? You could really heat things up with all of the power generated up there.

I wish that I could join you guys on learning tri-mix. I need to do the dives for my normoxic course and that will be good for 200 ft. :) My instructor wants me to go down to Florida to take cave when I get a chance, but that isn't required for this course.

MoonWrasse:
No, I don't feel like you're attacking us, however you might consider reducing your salt intake :wink:

Thanks, I forgot that one! One of the things that surprised me during my stay - your worry about salt intake. -What you should be worried about is your sugar intake! :wink:

MoonWrasse:
Funny you should mention that - it happens to be one of my New Years pledges for this year :)

Great news for you! Stay off the donuts and have your coffee black :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom