Patima G10 with SeaSea YS-110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_Devil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

I'm newer in the Forum, and new to underwater photography.

I buy last week the Patima Housing for my Canon G10 with 5-pin buckhead (Nikonos).

As newbie, I have some questions and I need help regarding the using of SeaSea YS-110 with Electric SeaSea Sync Cord.

When I connect the internal Patima flash connector to my Canos G10 flash, G10 disable all the option regarding to G10 flash use. So no configuration are allow on G10 regarding to internal flash control.
I notice that the G10 in Auto, Program Av, Tv, SCN, C1 and C2 Modes, G10 focus the object as no flash exits when shoot. The internal flash will not shoot, but the external flash are enable and flashes. The result are photos with to many exposure (even with YS-110 in low light) or no focus photos.
I use the YS-110 in Manual 1 (Slave off).

I will apreciate your help to understand what are causing this problem?

What can I do using SeaSea cord with YS-110 strobe and patima 5pin connector?

What features do I have with this configurations? TTL its possible?

Thank you for your help and support.

Best Regards
Tiago

HI-
We have no experience with a Patima housing, however, the YS-110 accepts a standard 5-pin Nikonos type sync cord. The correct setting for Manual would be Manual 1 slave off as you mentioned. You would then adjust the light level by the control knob. Unless your housing has a TTL connector, TTL is not possible. The strobe itself only "follows" information or commands from the housing and camera, so our recommendation would be to contact your housing/camera reseller and discuss the details with them.

Hi,

Thank you SeaSea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom