Pattaya Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord khram

Contributor
Reaction score
Far Islands ban may sink Pattaya’s last scuba diving - PattayaOne

Does anyone know the official line about this article? If there is any truth behind this it will simply be the end of Scuba Diving in Pattaya.
The near Islands consist of a handful of really poor dive sites that are full of jet ski's speedboats and any other type of boat you could imagine, dead and damaged coral that is beyond recognition, are full of litter and virtually devoid of marine life.
This does not look to me like a great way to promote tourism in the area.

From the info we have, its just the original laws that have always stood now been enforced more strictly, Pattaya is not the only victim in this as you will also find many islands in Samae San (which is fairly nice diving for the area compared to Pattaya) and ive also been told that they are including part of Similans after a friend just came back from a livaboard he does each year and he found some beaches and islands spots they used to stop at, now restricted. We have been told there is a current exchange with the navy been discussed on how to move forward with this.

From the info we have, its just the original laws that have always stood now been enforced more strictly, Pattaya is not the only victim in this as you will also find many islands in Samae San (which is fairly nice diving for the area compared to Pattaya) and ive also been told that they are including part of Similans after a friend just came back from a livaboard he does each year and he found some beaches and islands spots they used to stop at, now restricted. We have been told there is a current exchange with the navy been discussed on how to move forward with this.
I can think of 2 things: 1. they were stopping off at island 1 or 2, which has not been allowed since the year 2000 or so, or they tried to stop at Koh Tachai, which was banned this year.
I would say option 2 is the most likely one, and since this is the first I have heard about this, I think it very likely there is no more to it than that.

From the info we have, its just the original laws that have always stood now been enforced more strictly, Pattaya is not the only victim in this as you will also find many islands in Samae San (which is fairly nice diving for the area compared to Pattaya).

Which Islands at Samae San are affected? As I understand it, I thought all of the islands in that area are controlled by the military?

I dived on Koh Rong Kon, Koh Rong Nang, Koh Chan South East and Shark Fin Rock 2 weeks ago, they're open now. Don't know about Koh Chuang and Hin Chalam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom