Paul Allen exploration on WWII wrecks in Asian Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has he or Vulcan Inc ever produced a detail report on those explorations?
They have done a lot over the years. Thank you very much.

I just wonder if there is a single volume of anything to cover all those works or any plan in the future?

Much appreciated.

I believe that they identified the Yamashiro by her location and subtleties within the padoga superstructure. The Fuso had a different propeller setup as I recall.

I was a aware that a newsletter existed about 2 years ago to people who signed up for the Petrel organization.

Whats the difference?? Fuso class

The differences on the superstructure would not had survived the pounding that both of them received as well as the huge impact when they landed on the sea bed upturned.

Could not find anything about the props.

They were sunk in different area.

One thing is certain that the Fuso did not break into 2 halves and the surviving member of the crew was NOT lying .

Whats the difference?? Fuso class

The differences on the superstructure would not had survived the pounding that both of them received as well as the huge impact when they landed on the sea bed upturned.

Could not find anything about the props.

They were sunk in different area.

One thing is certain that the Fuso did not break into 2 halves and the surviving member of the crew was NOT lying .

The superstructure is actually identifiable on the Yamashiro. Also you can note on the Fuso that her hull is a little different with her in hull secondaries.

1. Provided the superstructure did NOT damage from all those armour piercing or high explosive shells.
2. Both ships landed upside down and there is NO way the superstructure could support the weight of it.
3. Both wrecks have been under water for so long so there should be substantial structural collapsing over time.
4. Slight different in the hull?

IJN Yamagumo

They could not positively identified Michishio and Yamagumo yet they could from two upturn hulls to distinguish both battleships. I just love to read their reasoning.

1. Provided the superstructure did NOT damage from all those armour piercing or high explosive shells.
2. Both ships landed upside down and there is NO way the superstructure could support the weight of it.
3. Both wrecks have been under water for so long so there should be substantial structural collapsing over time.
4. Slight different in the hull?

IJN Yamagumo

They could not positively identified Michishio and Yamagumo yet they could from two upturn hulls to distinguish both battleships. I just love to read their reasoning.

I sent an EM to a friend of mine that was part of the expedition (he was there for the Musashi also). I will post his response when I get it.

It would be a great lost if every thing is being kept private. I really hope the Trustee could see the reason and publish it. Perhaps they are working on it. Fingers crossed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom