payment query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andaman boy

Registered
Reaction score
I am about to order a shipment of diving equipment from IST SPORTS, and they have asked for payment of the entire amount in advance. Is this the normal method of payment is it safe(most of my savings are involved) and what can I do if they dont deliver(worst case scenerio):confused:

is it a lds or internet sale, most places on the net require payment up front, ask about the return policy if something doesn't fit.

I am communicating with this comapny over the net.The equipment is for my dive shop.I am just worried that what if they dont deliver.The payment will be made through a bank(tele transfer).The company is a manufacturer of diving equipment located in Taiwan and U.S.

You pay before you leave a store, you pay before gas is in your car.....even ebayers would like the money before they ship to you...common practice. As CheddarChick says, check their return policy and if it is such a valuable shipment be sure to ask for shipping insurance in case it gets lost.

Edit: Ah, not a personal purchase....but still common practice. Is this your first order? are you starting a business? Some companies like to build up some kind of trust before they offer you 30 payment options. Check with other shops that offer their line and have experience with them to see how things went for them.

andaman boy:
I am communicating with this comapny over the net.The equipment is for my dive shop.I am just worried that what if they dont deliver.The payment will be made through a bank(tele transfer).The company is a manufacturer of diving equipment located in Taiwan and U.S.

Don't send anybody a bank transfer! Ever!

Once your money has been sent, it's gone forever. They don't have to send you anything, and you can't do anything about it unless you want to hire a lawyer and sue them.

If you can't use a credit card, don't buy the equipment.

Terry

Web Monkey:
Don't send anybody a bank transfer! Ever!

Once your money has been sent, it's gone forever. They don't have to send you anything, and you can't do anything about it unless you want to hire a lawyer and sue them.

If you can't use a credit card, don't buy the equipment.

Terry
Can you please explain why credit card is better than telegraphic transfer..please help im worried

Because if they don't send you anything, or it isn't what you ordered, the credit card company will refund your money.

A wire transfer is permanent and can't be stopped or reversed.

Terry

andaman boy:
Can you please explain why credit card is better than telegraphic transfer..please help im worried

Looks to me like you need some financial advice from someone who deals in business, not a bunch of bozo divers on a diver's forum. You won't be in business for long if you keep this sort of activity up.

Garrobo:
Looks to me like you need some financial advice from someone who deals in business, not a bunch of bozo divers on a diver's forum. You won't be in business for long if you keep this sort of activity up.

Zackly.

Paying by CC international? You would be amazed at how little protection you really have.

Look at their website: http://www.istsports.com/home/index.asp They claim to have been displaying at DEMA... at least once and also say that they have been in business for 30 years. Check with DEMA, ask IST for credit references. Then check them.

Your profile is blank, where do you intend to do business? If it's the USA, it's not likely that you will do very well selling this "no name" line of products. We need to pay more because of the product's name recognition. Your situation might be different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom