pdf/digital copy of SSI OW manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jallen013

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have two hard copies of the SSI OW manual but would like a pdf/digital copy to throw on my ipad. anyone know of one (short of sending one of my hard copies to a scanner)?

You do realize that unless it is published by SSI in that form, it will be a copyright violation, don't you?

I'm fairly certain if SSI, or any of the other agencies, made a copy of their OW Manual available as a PDF, they would be out of business. They sell books for a living... So like as cardinal rule of scuba diving states, don't hold your breath.

Just to add, why do you want this? Assuming that you are already certified, you should know almost everything in that manual well enough already. There may be a few things you want for handy reference, but I would think it would just be a few things. You can scan the few pages you need easily, or you can open a new file, take notes in easy to access format, and save it.

If you are an SSI professional, you can load it by going to SSI's web site, signing on to ODiN, go to the "My Downloads" part, then drill down through the files to find the OW manual. The manual is available to SSI professionals only, otherwise the manual must be purchased through an SSI dealer.

Not if you scan your own copy.

I was referring to the purpose of this thread--sending scanned copyright material to someone else as was requested.

Actually Tammy, ODiN only allows instructors to download the open water instructor manual, not the open water student manual. The instructor manual is really a big outline, so its not very useful to someone that doesn't know the material very well already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom