pdf/digital copy of SSI OW manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add, why do you want this? Assuming that you are already certified, you should know almost everything in that manual well enough already. There may be a few things you want for handy reference, but I would think it would just be a few things.

Some people do not eat, drink and sleep diving. Some divers dive irregularly at best due to 'having a life'. I commend the OP for taking the informed decision to review the information in the OW manual. During the certification course (often around 4 days), it is impossible to absorb all the info given in manuals. This requires re-reading at a later date, when the info makes a bit more sense.

Unfortunately I very much doubt there will ever be a pdf. manual available soon from the 'main player' recreational diving agencies.

There is always the SSI online course that is free and always available as long as you've got Internet.

Some people do not eat, drink and sleep diving. Some divers dive irregularly at best due to 'having a life'. I commend the OP for taking the informed decision to review the information in the OW manual. During the certification course (often around 4 days), it is impossible to absorb all the info given in manuals. This requires re-reading at a later date, when the info makes a bit more sense.

Unfortunately I very much doubt there will ever be a pdf. manual available soon from the 'main player' recreational diving agencies.

+1 I agree 100%. I reviewed all the material online and then took my test. I have now started the pool sessions and going back to review the information now makes so much more sense.

Just to add, why do you want this?

op here - i just kind of figured it would be a good thing to have. sitting on a plane or something... re-read a couple chapters of the book... who knows, might pick up something small that i previously overlooked, might remind myself of something spreviously forgotten. if i don't have it with me there's zero chance of looking through it - if i do, at least there's a chance.

seems like short of sending one of our books to a commercial scanner, a digital copy isn't going to happen (i'm surely not going to scan it all myself). still considering that as an option - who knows. as an alternative, i ripped the OW dvd and loaded it onto the ipad.

Back
Top Bottom