PDIC Certification Levels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeke XA3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Queensland - Australia - Most of the time
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Any PDIC instructors or above able to answer a question for me?

I have emailed PDIC on their website and no response.

The other week i had a PDIC Jnr Scuba Diver. On their card was some writing to the effect of "trained with the skills for scuba diving......under supervision of an instructor"

The diver was 21 and as such i know the Jnr bit no longer applied. However since i have never heard of a PDIC Scuba Diver and our comparison list only has PDIC Open Water diver as equivalent to a standard open water diver, i had to turn to the internet to find out what a PDIC Scuba Diver was.

The PDIC website has no info on the depth limits for their certifications and in fact does not list Scuba Diver, nor the dive shop said diver trained with.

So what is the PDIC Scuba Diver , is it like a PADI Scuba Diver (restricted to 12m) or a NAUI Scuba Diver (International Open Water level)?

Thanks

Z

PDIC has been in operation for many decades, certifying students and leadership all over the world predominantly South America, Europe and the US. Since I have not seen that specific card all I can say that a reference of 'scuba diver' implies entry level/open water. Current recommendations are as such:
Junior (age 12 up until the age of 15)- to 40'
Open water (age 15 and up)- 60' initially With a maximum of 100'

But please remember it's not a matter of maximum depth but no-decompression diving. That is what they certify- no decompression air diving.

I have run into a similer situation. The diver was 20 with a jr advanced open water. He had to complete a form from PADI and they upgraded his certification to Adult Advanced Open Water. Hope this helps.

Chase

Interesting about PDIC. I was Inst certified with them back in 1978
ITC8 was my rating
Had to cross over to PADI then SSI during my years teaching with dive opperations
Things have surely changed much over the years since I was involved in the industry

Back
Top Bottom