Peace be with you Wes Skiles (21 July 2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSam

Sister of Shenanigans
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OMG...so very sad.

RIP

skiles_wes.jpg

IMO one of the best cave explorers around. A legend is gone! Sad news for us all and a great guy to be around.

If we could all be the spring embassadors he was... we'd never have to worry about a thing.

RIP Wes.

very sad news. I just got my copy of Blind Desent and he had his photo in it. Just showed it to my hubby tonight.

I first saw him at Dema years ago. Hubby and I stumbled on his class by accident.
It opened my eyes up on how to take an underwater photo.

My sympathy to his close friends.

gail

A true icon of the industry.

Gods speed to you Wes and I hope your dive is long and sweet!
The joy you have brought to all of us so many times I hope is yours at this time.
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends as you will be sorely missed.
The caves that spawned you will miss their champion, the one who captured the mysterious beauty that lies beneath. Thank you Wes and thank you to his family for the images that you have brought to us have changed our world!
You are with me every dive, see you on the other side......

CamG

Greetings Scuba Board faithful and it has been a very sad day for the family and friends of Wes.

Details are not available as of yet but will be forth coming in a day or two but what we need to remember is the challenge that Wes brought yesterday and today.
His passion was to pass on stewardship for the environment that he loved so deeply.
Now it is all of our turns to charge ahead to promote this with the enthusiasm that his life and images embraced. It is a tragedy but also a triumph for a man who's life was dedicated in purpose was to pass on the passion of his life. Like many before him he lived to change the world and change it did!

Now it is our turn to make it happen!

Thank you Wes for your example and our thoughts and prayers go out to your family!

CamG

Back
Top Bottom