Peacock open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swampy's not a her ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post added April 12th, 2013 at 04:52 AM ----------

My last post was not arguing. I am reaching out to meet him since we live less than 25 miles apart.

I know, Jim ... I'm just thinking he's not worth your time.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My last post was not arguing. I am reaching out to meet him since we live less than 25 miles apart.

That's now 3 cave instructors reaching out! Kudos Jim

Bob, it's not about wasting time to me. It's about helping someone. I would still meet with Swampy whenever he wanted. I will still do dives with him to help build skills. No charges, admission fees, anything.

I feel that he does troll here though trying to get us all in an uproar.

Swampy, I am glad you are taking a course. That is great. My offer still stands.

I still maintain that if you HAVE to have more than 20 feet of vis to get wet you're being a whiney little girl about it.

You are a clown. Plain and simple. Never mind the standards that dictate safe cave diving. The fact is accidents caused by folks like you are what shuts dive sites down to the public.

You are a clown. Plain and simple. Never mind the standards that dictate safe cave diving. The fact is accidents caused by folks like you are what shuts dive sites down to the public.

I've gone back and read the replies and what you all are saying makes absolutely no sense... I'm going to say it one more time really slow...

If you think an OPEN WATER dive in ORANGE GRove Sink *** REQUIRES *** 20 to 30 feet of visibility through the ENTIRE SYSTEM AT PEACOCK and anything less is too dangerous because you MIGHT accidentally swim into a cave ... you are being a timid little girl and need to grow a set.

do you really think 10 or 20 feet of visibility in orange grove sink is too silty for an OPEN WATER dive because the visibility in some cave thousands of feet into the system is 12 feet?????? really?????

I'm really not understanding the bigotry towards girls in your posts. Misogyny is never appropriate on an open forum and especially not this one. Women and girls make awesome divers and being female has no bearing on their skills nor their proclivity to being timid or arrogant.

Orange Grove Sink drains out through the Peacock system. It's kind of a backwater in that respect and Peacock is a very low flow system at that. Unfortunately, that means it's the last place at Peacock to clear up. The NFSA did not engineer the springs in that fashion just to spite you or any other divers. However, I applaud their attempts to keep people who don't know this safe in spite of their ignorance. What you don't know can not only hurt you, it can kill you outright.

I've gone back and read the replies and what you all are saying makes absolutely no sense... I'm going to say it one more time really slow...

If you think an OPEN WATER dive in ORANGE GRove Sink *** REQUIRES *** 20 to 30 feet of visibility through the ENTIRE SYSTEM AT PEACOCK and anything less is too dangerous because you MIGHT accidentally swim into a cave ... you are being a timid little girl and need to grow a set.

do you really think 10 or 20 feet of visibility in orange grove sink is too silty for an OPEN WATER dive because the visibility in some cave thousands of feet into the system is 12 feet?????? really?????

Given your posts and attitude it's my opinion that you don't belong in the water at all. You shun standard risk management/reduction techniques and it's quite likely your ego dwarfs your skill set by a large margin.

"I did not know Adam even had a cat..."

The correct Southern expression is "I did not know him from Adam's HOUSE cat". Originally from "Adam's off ox" which is loosely derived from "I did not know him from Adam". (The off ox was the ox in a wagon team that could not be seen by the driver when walking on the left hand side).

I'm really not understanding the bigotry towards girls in your posts. Misogyny is never appropriate on an open forum and especially not this one. Women and girls make awesome divers and being female has no bearing on their skills nor their proclivity to being timid or arrogant.

Orange Grove Sink drains out through the Peacock system. It's kind of a backwater in that respect and Peacock is a very low flow system at that. Unfortunately, that means it's the last place at Peacock to clear up. The NFSA did not engineer the springs in that fashion just to spite you or any other divers. However, I applaud their attempts to keep people who don't know this safe in spite of their ignorance. What you don't know can not only hurt you, it can kill you outright.

It was not about the sex of the cave diver, I was trying to politely say they were being sissies or pussies without sounding like I was name calling.

If I can dive in the santa fe in three or five feet of vis without accidentally falling into the devil's ear then I'm pretty sure I can dive orange grove in 18 feet of vis without accidentally falling into a cave.

The problem is someone put a bunch of cave divers in charge and they A. think they own everything in the water, B. think they have the right to kidnap anyone that they don't approve of being in a cave C. think their own bodily excrement doesn't stink and D. think they own a pandoras box of magical knowledge that they want to charge people hundreds of dollars to peek into to see and don't realize that most of it is freely available and common sense and finally D. have the personalities of a pms'ing heloderma.

It was not about the sex of the cave diver, I was trying to politely say they were being sissies or pussies without sounding like I was name calling.

If I can dive in the santa fe in three or five feet of vis without accidentally falling into the devil's ear then I'm pretty sure I can dive orange grove in 18 feet of vis without accidentally falling into a cave.

The problem is someone put a bunch of cave divers in charge and they A. think they own everything in the water, B. think they have the right to kidnap anyone that they don't approve of being in a cave C. think their own bodily excrement doesn't stink and D. think they own a pandoras box of magical knowledge that they want to charge people hundreds of dollars to peek into to see and don't realize that most of it is freely available and common sense and finally D. have the personalities of a pms'ing heloderma.
Right... training is overrated. I stand by my original premise. You're a clown.

I had over 1000 cave (cenote) dives before I was certified. Of course, I'm Mexican.

There's probably larger issues involved (litigation, hello!) at Orange Grove, but I agree with Swampy that regulations for open water diving anywhere should not depend non-open water factors. But, North Florida water politics is North Florida water politics. *dueling banjos*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom