Peacock this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Peacock was ridiculously busy, the parking lot was practically full and unlike during the summer it was almost exclusively divers.

The Olsen line was very silty improving only when we got close to crossover.

And on exit we encountered a I assume was a cavern class with about a dozen divers. They ran a reel all the way to the sign. Was a bit of a fluster cluck, we waited for them to clear before heading up and doing our, well my deco.

Also found a Dive Rite cookie spool in the cave, but continuing the tradition I found the owner almost immediately after we surfaced.

Finally watch out for the last step that is out of the water, it is very slippery. I've seen three people slip on it so far.

Peacock was ridiculously busy, the parking lot was practically full and unlike during the summer it was almost exclusively divers.

The Olsen line was very silty improving only when we got close to crossover.

And on exit we encountered a I assume was a cavern class with about a dozen divers. They ran a reel all the way to the sign. Was a bit of a fluster cluck, we waited for them to clear before heading up and doing our, well my deco.

Also found a Dive Rite cookie spool in the cave, but continuing the tradition I found the owner almost immediately after we surfaced.

Finally watch out for the last step that is out of the water, it is very slippery. I've seen three people slip on it so far.

We were there later in the day too on Saturday - probably got in around 3pm or 4pm and did a dive up the Peanut line a ways. It was definitely a bit of a fuster cluck with the class sitting more or less in the entrance to P1. Might have chatted with you for a few minutes as I remember talking with someone with a deco bottle on the left side of the steps when we jumped in. On our way back out at the Breakdown room/entrance to the tunnel on the Peanut line, we encountered a group of 4 or 5 divers headed in who destroyed the vis in the cave. If you can't control your buoyancy and frog kick (not flutter kick), you probably shouldn't be cave diving...

We were there later in the day too on Saturday - probably got in around 3pm or 4pm...Might have chatted with you for a few minutes as I remember talking with someone with a deco bottle on the left side of the steps when we jumped in.

Might have been me, we surfaced just before 4pm. And I rarely see other people bringing deco bottles to P1.

On our way back out at the Breakdown room/entrance to the tunnel on the Peanut line, we encountered a group of 4 or 5 divers headed in who destroyed the vis in the cave. If you can't control your buoyancy and frog kick (not flutter kick), you probably shouldn't be cave diving...

Were they CCR divers?

Might have been me, we surfaced just before 4pm. And I rarely see other people bringing deco bottles to P1.

Were they CCR divers?

I believe they were, at least most of them.

I believe they were, at least most of them.

That might explain the silt on the Olsen line too. I remember a team of about 4-5 CCR divers exiting as we were gearing up. And they returned and were entering the water as I was packing up.

My wife dove peacock yesterday and said it wasn’t bad with people at all. They did waterhole and it was crystal clear. They planned to go to little river but pulled into a full parking lot of 100% cave divers and about 8 teams in the system or about to be in the system. They left ASAP. Lots of vacation divers are here always starting the Thursday/Friday before thanksgiving. Expect it to be busy until next week.

8 teams in Little River, that places feels busy with more than two teams in the system.

I'll probably hit Peacock next, next Sunday. And then again probably Monday and Tuesday for a stage cave class.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom