Pearl Lake Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody been to Pearl Lake lately? Please post any info as to temps and vis. Their website has not been updated since May and I'd like to think it's a little warmer than 54.

Thanks
Duke

We were there on Sat. Viz was only about 6 feet and temps were 68* at 30'. But at least we were wet. Saw a HUGE Catfish in the concrete tubes at the SW corner closest to the swimming beach. Make sure you check out inside the concrete tubes, The walleye and bass were hanging there big time...

CheddarChick:
We were there on Sat. Viz was only about 6 feet and temps were 68* at 30'. But at least we were wet. Saw a HUGE Catfish in the concrete tubes at the SW corner closest to the swimming beach. Make sure you check out inside the concrete tubes, The walleye and bass were hanging there big time...

Thank's for the reply. We did Haigh this past weekend and we're looking at a Pearl Lake trip with the local dive shop in a couple weeks.

SteveC:
How was the vis at Haigh?
The summer vis at Haigh can range from 5' in some areas to maybe 10'-20' if you find the right spot. I haven't been in it since winter, but the deep hole usually has good vis, but it's dark and the sights in there are an acquired taste- I like to see what color the silt is and also look at the wispy precipitates that collect on the bottom.

A bunch of us are going to Mermet this weekend... PM me for details.

I've heard that the viz is still around 5-10 feet. I don't know what Tony is smoking when he dives the hole at Pearl. I've never had good viz in the hole, none greater than 20'. Which I guess could be considered good for Pearl.

I will tell you with the amount of rain we had in the last week I can't believe you could see your hand in front of your face in Pearl

Hey all - New diver/new poster here...

I was at Pearl Lake on Sunday 9/9 for my Advanced Open Water dives and thought the conditions were good. Surface temp was about 80, and down at 70' it was 53 degrees. Visibility had to have been in the 15-20' range. Saw lots of bass, bluegill, carp...and one gigantic walleye hanging out underneath one of the platforms.

As of 9/2/07 (I know this is old, but I just joined Scubaboard.com today!) The conditions are Vis-low@5-10ft and temp 70-75 to 30ft. I am working on an extensiving mapping project that will figure the compass heading between all of the major underwater objects. I hope to have it finished before next dive season.

Back
Top Bottom