Pec stretches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluebanded goby

Contributor
Reaction score
My main exercise is a mix of cardio on recumbent bike and strength training using resistance bands. Lately I've noticed a day or two after working out I get pain on the right side of the chest , under the right armpit and sometimes around back behind the shoulder. By trial and error I've found that this seems to be associated with exercises that work the pectorals -- primarily chest presses and side shoulder raises.

I thought that before exercising I'd add a round of stretching, emphasizing the shoulder exercises from Cameron Martz's book. But are there any stretches that would target the pecs per se?

One of the best things about using a personal trainer is getting expert instruction and feedback on exercise and stretching form. I have had a few over the years, and that's the only pec stretch I've ever been shown.

Back
Top Bottom