Pee-Valve Cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Light Monkey Tinkle Valve can be closed. The end cap is threaded.

I have a similar DIY solution to the above. I water my fruit trees through the pee valve. Then use my tank to blow air though gently.

i know a few people who have gotten them from p-valves that might beg to differ.... using clean condoms
yea, like me. Now I just clean mine out with water, but using vinegar/Alcohol helps any calcification when peeing in salt water.

Now that I've installed my pee-value with good success, I'm wonder what is the best way to clean it out after a dive. I really dislike the smell of vinegar; has anyone used Urolux before?
Urocare | Products - Urolux Urinary Appliance Cleanser & Deodorant

I know this is a couple of years old, but I was curious if anyone has ever tried Urolux for cleaning out their pee valve? It does say it has phosphoric acid in it, so I'm a bit concerned if you flushed your pee-valve "system" with it and it got on the outside of the drysuit, that the suit material wouldn't fair too well. I've been using vinegar and water, but was interested in this product.

i know a few people who have gotten them from p-valves that might beg to differ.... using clean condoms

This is good to remember for the randy diver. "Honest Hunny... I must have got it from my p-valve"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom