Pee valves: "Up and Over" or "Down and Under/Through"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go drink a large soda at a restaurant. Walk up the urinal. Take a piss. While pissing try bending it down and bending it up. What feels best? Do that. Simple enough?

As for the sit and piss thing, unless you are curling up into a fetal position to take the piss it is irrelevant.

Leakage has nothing to do with routing. Once in the water everything is at the same general density, gravity doesn't matter. And leakage will have something to do with a hole in the system, not which way it is routed.

No, lots of divers I know have routed down and changed to up. Nothing "natural" about peeing down by the way, as quiet some men worldwide do pee sitting, which is also considered healthier by urologists.

That makes no sense. If you're sitting or standing you're pissing with you d1ck at 90 degrees from normal or straight down. Unless I've got a boner, I'm never pissing with my junk pointed up like it would be in up and over.

Go drink a large soda at a restaurant. Walk up the urinal. Take a piss. While pissing try bending it down and bending it up. What feels best? Do that. Simple enough?

As for the sit and piss thing, unless you are curling up into a fetal position to take the piss it is irrelevant.

Leakage has nothing to do with routing. Once in the water everything is at the same general density, gravity doesn't matter. And leakage will have something to do with a hole in the system, not which way it is routed.

If you have a kink or partial kink and try to pee there can be enough pressure to peel some of the glue and the pee leak backwards out of the cath. Had that happen a few to,es when routed up and over and that's why I switched.

If you have a kink or partial kink and try to pee there can be enough pressure to peel some of the glue and the pee leak backwards out of the cath. Had that happen a few to,es when routed up and over and that's why I switched.
What catheter do you use? I would love to try one that doesn’t glue so throughly that I need surgery to remove the damn thing.

What catheter do you use? I would love to try one that doesn’t glue so throughly that I need surgery to remove the damn thing.

I found one by accident from a vemerable mom-and-pop near me. Its called "Freedom Coloplast".

That makes no sense. If you're sitting or standing you're pissing with you d1ck at 90 degrees from normal or straight down. Unless I've got a boner, I'm never pissing with my junk pointed up like it would be in up and over.
I agree, but I don't think you can say "boner" here................................................................he said "boner":rofl3: .

Last edited:
The urethra actually makes another curve when you are sitting or standing. When sitting, you bent over a bit and so it is more straight. Unless you sit down like a stiff upperlip English butler. It can be something cultural I guess.

I forget which cath but usually they stick tight and suck to take off. I dive in Florida and often you're sweating like crazy getting geared up which often loosens the glue. When it's not 90 degrees out, cath sticks fine.

Down, with a loop in the hose to help provide flexibility for any movement, and then out.
I stabbed a hole in my undergarment for the hose exit, and then took it to my local tailor (who's used to scuba-related work from me) to stitch around the hole to prevent it tearing further. The "loop" is between the outside of my undergarment and the inside of the drysuit.

For me I tried up and over and didn’t like the residual drip post dive. I also feel like the down and out has less potential for movement and my boxers help keep it where it needs to be so less likely to kink in my mind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom