Pee Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broncobowsher

Contributor
Reaction score
What's good?
What to avoid?

Already have a Sitech that has pissed me off for the last time. I like that it is fully automatic, no valves to open, no bolts to remove, discrete low profile design. Suit already has a 1¼" hole so I have to work with that. I would prefer balanced (take the balanced/unbalance argument into another thread, don't want it here).

The Sitech is good on paper. It dribbled a few times. Glued the internal balancing valve shut and added my own check valve in the suit to fix it, then found the recall. Mine was recalled and they sent a new one. The new one is worse then the old one ever was. Not a dribble, might as well leave the hose loose in the suit leak. Bench tested it at home with a syringe and it blows, sometimes. The mushroom valve looks correct, often sealing good, but with a good flow it goes bad and just dumps into the suit. Replied back to the warranty email and didn't hear anything back, so I give up. Needless to say I am pissed. I will be back to the old, modified, recalled valve until I find something better.

I don't have one yet but have heard good things about he newer light monkey tinkle valves and the halcyon p-valves.

-Z

My Halcyon balanced doesn't leak. Set it up with plug in connectors (watermaker connections), so easy to hook in after getting dressed.
I leave it closed until first use, then just leave the outer cap open until I surface. Easy install.

LM Tinkle valve works great. I cut my tube and put in a check-valved QD.

I was thinking of the Tinkle valve before I originally asked. I just need to check if it will work with my existing hole.

Agree with JC, light monkey is a good choice.

I have recently installed a Heser TauchTechnik balanced pee valve. No need to be glued onto the suit. The hole on the suit must be 2cm wide for the installation. Made in Germany.
Doesnt leak and I am pretty happy with it.

I've seen the ads for that here. 2cm = 20mm = 3/4".
Not going to work, already have Sitech's 1¼" hole in the suit.
Glad they are working for you. I do like quality products. Just isn't going to fit.
Just sent a message out to Light Monkey to see if it will fit my hole.

From memory when installing my LM Tinkle valve it required a 1 inch hole. Hopefully if it can handle an extra quarter inch. Worth some consideration.

I’ve used Light Monkey, Halcyon, and two SiTechs. The reason for two SiTechs was that they leaked. Others I’ve spoken to have had the same problem. I’ve walked into the water and felt saltwater getting into my dry suit. A significant amount as I just walked in and almost instantly felt wet in a small spot right at the valve.

Light Monkey and Halcyon have been great. I’d recommend either one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom