Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only do it during the dive, try not to during the safety stop. Usually I try to pee in places that are memorable, such as deepest point, famous feature, etc.

Never, never while suited up on the boat. I’d rather suffer a fractured bladder than pee on the boat.

open water, let it fly. I would NEVER consider peeing in someone's boat. Rude as all heck.

Well, I can tell you that I’ve had people “relieve” themselves on my boat in the past. I’ve had wetsuit divers pee in their suits before they get in the water and let in run down their leg and out onto the deck, and I had a drysuit guy decide to pee through the cath and let it go out on the deck. They figured it would go into the bilge and get pumped out anyway, but it was still gross and rude IMO.
Underwater I’m not sure. I guess just make sure you’re down current and let er rip.

That's one way to be TOLD you're not coming back.

In water, I let her rip, potato chip!

On the boat, I tell the captain that I need to inspect the propellers.

The sea is full of fish pee and poop already. A quart of your pee added to it is going to make little difference. I would avoid doing it when someone is directly following, but otherwise, what your dive buddy doesn't know is not going to hurt him!

A quart?! Damn you have a big bladder!

In water, I let her rip, potato chip!

On the boat, I tell the captain that I need to inspect the propellers.

I have to see a man about a dog...

watching a someone casually let loose through their drysuit pee valve on the boat deck mid-conversation is an awkward experience.

Personally never needed to pee while on a dive ( I make sure I go prior to suiting up and normally can last for hours without peeing anyway) but if you need to "let it go , let it go"
then do so. I have been out with groups where I seemingly was the only one that didn't pee while diving. In the UK, it is seen as a reasonably good way to stay warm if you are a wetsuit diver - not so good an idea if you are a drysuit diver (without P valve).

Anyone that would pee on board while not either using the head or going sternside should never use a boat again. It is the equivalent of peeing in someones' car.

Oh and I bet you now have the frozen theme running round your head :nyah:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom