Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife took me on a vacation to Ghana (her second time there). Bathroom facilities are not the same as the U.S., and for a woman it can be an additional challenge. But, she was prepared this time. For this trip, she brought a couple of the "she-pee" type products, which, in short, allow those with vaginas to pee standing up!

Portable urinals are also useful. They're useful on a boat, so one doesn't need to lean over the side. I have one in my car, and, not wanting to pee in my drysuit during the dive, and being short on spots to relieve myself within range of my precious parking spot, made use of it to pee sitting down!

My wife took me on a vacation to Ghana (her second time there). Bathroom facilities are not the same as the U.S., and for a woman it can be an additional challenge. But, she was prepared this time. For this trip, she brought a couple of the "she-pee" type products, which, in short, allow those with vaginas to pee standing up!

Portable urinals are also useful. They're useful on a boat, so one doesn't need to lean over the side. I have one in my car, and, not wanting to pee in my drysuit during the dive, and being short on spots to relieve myself within range of my precious parking spot, made use of it to pee sitting down!

I'm completely following you on the she pee things for your wife and how those work but I'm not following you with regard to a portable urinal for peeing sitting down.

Oh wait . . .blush:oops:

I may just have put two and two together :p

I usually get in the water early and pee while waiting for the other divers to enter the water. during the descent, I'll pull open the neck of my wetsuit to let new water in and suck in my tummy to get the water to flow down towards peepee zone. Whoever pees in their suite while standing on deck is an animal.

I usually get in the water early and pee while waiting for the other divers to enter the water. during the descent, I'll pull open the neck of my wetsuit to let new water in and suck in my tummy to get the water to flow down towards peepee zone. Whoever pees in their suite while standing on deck is an animal.

What if they are sitting (while on deck)?

I like to ask my dive buddy if he felt that warm spot after we get back in the boat.

Yup. That and If you have to go towards the end of a dive (Ex. You know you’ll be feet dry in 10 minutes)...just hold it and wait till you get out (access to a head or restroom) so you don’t hop out of the water reeking of piss.:popcorn:

Interestingly, when we first started diving my daughter COULDN'T pee in her wetsuit, despite desperately needing to. Now we both pee almost continuously. So much so that it's got me thinking real hard about going dry suit. I feel like we need to figure out our p-valve solution before we even embark on dry suit ownership/renting/class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom