Peeing in a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you’re going to use diapers (and I do, as back-up to the she-p), use baby ones with the sides folded back and the middle in the right spot. They have gel that holds fluid. Adult diapers usually have fluff that will squeeze fluid back out.
Why would you wear baby nappies they not going for you

Well maybe.

One of the reasons I say this is because my GUE instructor (extremely experienced) has a SCR of 16L/min...

Does body composition matter? If you have more muscle, will you need more oxygen even though you’re not using it?
How can you decrease your SCR apart from fitness? Is it stress related? Thanks for your answers

During my fundies I was told to use an SCR of 20L/min for calculations because it makes calculations easier and it is also on the higher end of SCR so it should leave some extra safety for your dive plan.
Just because someone is extremely experienced doesn't automatically mean they have a magically low SCR, how you're built will play a big part as well.
Someone who is 1.70m and 60kg will likely have a lower SCR than someone who is muscular at 1.90m and 90kg+.
As someone who is in the middle of the above examples, my consumption is still on the high end despite diving very frequently, but 20L/min will leave me (although narrowly) in the clear for calculating gas consumption on dives.

There is a female version called a Shewee

Shewee - the original female urinating device

One of my friends @ScubaSam uses this device from what I recall. Hours in a cave and you'll want to pee at some point.

Edited to add, ScubaSam already posted #51, too much red wine tonight during my online quiz and Happy Hour at home :drunks:

Gordon,

Wrong product. I don't have the Shewee. I have the She-P, and I can't sing enough praises for how it has changed my drysuit dives.

When I'm cave diving in Mexico, I'd put the She-P on in the morning, and remove it in the evening. No leaks, and no need to squat in the jungles and get bitten on the bum by mosquitoes while peeing.

Great for boat dives cause I'll just go on the back of the boat rather than going to the head and risk a head injury while peeing. Not all cave sites in FL have bathrooms with plumbing so the She-P comes in handy then as well. Even the sites that have porto-potties are not for the faint of heart so that is why I love my She-P.

Here is a link to the She-P. She-P North America – No Limits!

Here is a link to the She-P dealers around the world. Dealers

Wrong product. I don't have the Shewee. I have the She-P, and I can't sing enough praises for how it has changed my drysuit dives.

Pee, Wee, same same :rofl3:

I recall you telling me you pee'd off the back of the boat with the guys :D

Anyway my error, stay safe buddy :flowers:

Pee, Wee, same same :rofl3:

I recall you telling me you pee'd off the back of the boat with the guys :D

Anyway my error, stay safe buddy :flowers:

The Shewee looks more like a funnel, whereas the She-P gets adhered to...umm...ya know..

Yes, it shocked a buddy of mine who had never seen a woman pee standing up on the back of a boat.

You be safe, too, buddy!

I live in the northeast and recently I have been thinking about a drysuit. I know that having one would definitely expand my diving opportunities. I started reading up on them and ran into several articles having to do with the valve/(ahem) condom connection. It sounds like it is uncomfortable, at best (especially the removal part, but a squeeze there is a possibility, too....ouch). Does anybody just drysuit dive wearing Depends? I know that I can't make it through any dive without peeing.

Thoughts?

I have done about 350 drysuit dives. These dives have typically lasted between 40 and 70 minutes and I have never needed a pee-valve. It is very strange but if I wear a wetsuit, THEN I need to pee.

Serious decompression diving would be another matter.

And if you need to pee, then you need to pee. Many people I know use pee valves (condoms) and I have not heard them complaining... except for one time... the pee valve hose got twisted and did not work, pressure was mounting :D :D

Better to pee before getting back on the boat in any case. But don't you usually unzip and pull down your drysuit top for comfort during the surface interval? If so, there's not much more to do if you want to pee.

Depends on the time of year, and weather conditions for me.

DW

Sorry to jump in the convo late, but which model does everyone have? I think the top 3 main ones are Halcyon, Light Monkey Tinkle, and Si Tech Trigon?

I'd like to install one on my suit. Right now I either squirm coming back to shore and the last few minutes are uncomfortable or I end up feeling dehydrated near the end of a dive. I can do either, but I wouldn't call it enjoyable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom