Peeing in your wetsuit can be advantageous....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
The jewel squids are one of the strangest occupants of open-ocean waters. Firstly they have wonky eyes, the left eye is always much larger than the right. In some species the left eye is telescopic while the smaller right eye is normal. These squids have a funny slant on life, literally. They hang at a 45 ° angle and use the huge eye to look up for passing prey. Meanwhile the normal eye looks below for any signs of attackers. The common name comes from the scattering of small iridescent spots over the undersides of the body, head and arms. These are tiny directional light organs like tiny car headlights. When the squid is hanging at a 45 ° angle, all the light organs aim down and produce just enough light to cancel out the silhouette of the squid against the weak light from the surface above. They can even adjust the lights for different depths or time of day. Jewel squids are able to float mid-water by filling their soft flesh with pockets of ammonia solution that is less dense than seawater and cancels out the weight of their muscles. They make these solutions out of their body wastes: urine is turned into buoyancy.

my father-in-law will not pee in his. He'll call a dive everytime to go pee out of the water. I won't dive with him anymore.

Gela:
my father-in-law will not pee in his. He'll call a dive everytime to go pee out of the water. I won't dive with him anymore.

Maybe he's afraid of buoyancy problems!!!

I've never pee'd in my wet suit. But then again, I have been known to hold "it" for hours, only to stand and relieve myself for up to one continuous minute.

This “skill” comes in handy, as I dive dry 95 percent of the time, and I don’t have a pee valve installed. Of course I have found that doing the “P P Dance” while hanging on a line during a deco stop does tend to keep you warm in colder waters. :11:

detroit diver:
They make these solutions out of their body wastes: urine is turned into buoyancy.[/COLOR]

And here I was doing it for warmth only. Didn't know I could drop some weight :)

pt40fathoms:
I've never pee'd in my wet suit. But then again, I have been known to hold "it" for hours, only to stand and relieve myself for up to one continuous minute.
QUOTE]

Liar, liar,
you're bladder's on fire.
Your suit's so full of pee
it can't go any higher! :wink:

freediver:
Liar, liar,
you're bladder's on fire.
Your suit's so full of pee
it can't go any higher! :wink:

ROFL....No really, I don't for this very good reason...

opiniongirl:
ewwwwwwwww....

You can always tell who's a pee-er as they REEK!

Got that right! The smell is very noticable and telling.

pt40fathoms:
I've never pee'd in my wet suit. :11:

C'mon, not even a teeney bit...even once?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom