PEI august 3-10, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pugdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This may seem a little obscure but I am taking a trip to the Cavendish area during this time and I'm hoping to get in the water. Anyone know if a regular group that goes out int he area or a good LDS to contact about joining in for a dive or two.

When I lived there back in 1999 there was a LDS downtown, also whenI was driving back to the ferry a couple summers ago with the family I noticed a LDS along the route back to the ferry. Not much help but there are spots on the island!

I use to dive there quite a bit in the 80s, very shallow. Sand bars can create rips so watch out for those. There are still a few dive shops around but they have a very short season in PEI so the LDSs don't stay in business too long.
ZDD

Check with Diver's Quarters. They are the only shop in town (well, just outside town but it's a small island). Last year Lauren was at the shop and helped organize Sunday trips out to the Tunsdall (60-75 ft coal ship wreck) and the occasional tuna dive out of Souris. Sadly she's off in the Carribbean so call the shop and see if they will run anything. The also have a Facebook page. Oh, ignore the PEI dive club web page, they only check it every year or so.

If they aren't running anything this summer send me a PM. While I have moved away I still have a buddy there who is itching to dive but most of the folks that were diving last summer have moved off Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom